Governor Kristi Noem and First Gentleman Bryon Noem will host the annual trick-or-treat festivities at the Governor’s Residence in Pierre on Sunday, Oct. 31 from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. CT.
“We can’t wait to see all the kids in their costumes once again! It may be a bit chilly out, so be sure to dress warmly,” said Governor Kristi Noem.
Noem asks children and parents across South Dakota to observe the following Halloween safety tips:
· Trick-or-treat during daylight hours or take a flashlight if going out after dark;
· Add reflective tape to costumes and trick-or-treat bags;
· Make sure vision is clear when wearing masks or other head garb;
· Adults should accompany young children; unaccompanied children should trick-or-treat in groups; and
· Inspect candy before consuming; discard anything suspicious.