We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Screenings for later this week May 7, 2018 Don’t forget that Lyman Kindergarten and Preschool screenings will be held at the Kennebec Gymnasium on Thursday, May 10th from 8:15am-Noon and from 1 to 3:30. Screenings will again happen on Friday, May 11th from 8:15am to 12:30. For more information or to set up an appointment call Marsha at 895-2662, Carol at 895-2579 or ...
- Sunday’s schedule May 6, 2018 Club Baseball Chamberlain/Kimball at St. Thomas More at 1 Gregory County at Hot Springs at 1 Gregory County vs Todd County in Hot Springs at 3 Winner/Colome at Parkston at 2 Platte at Bennett County at 2 Golf 2 person, 9 hole tournament at the Ainsworth Golf Course
- Weather cuts Howard Wood Relays short on Saturday May 6, 2018 Severe weather caused the second day of the Howard Wood Relays in Sioux Falls to be cut short Saturday afternoon. Here are some of the highlights that involved our area athletes: In the girls class ‘B’ medley, Gregory finished fifth and Kimball/White Lake was sixth. In the girls class ‘A’ medley, Chamberlain was third. In ...
- Schedule for Saturday May 5, 2018 Track and Field Howard Wood Relays in Sioux Falls Club Baseball Chamberlain/Kimball at Lead/Deadwood at 4 in Deadwood JV- Mitchell at Winner/Colome Golf Killer Tomato 2 person fundraiser in Platte
- Results from Friday May 5, 2018 The Platte/Burke Golf Meet was held on Friday. The Platte/Geddes boys won the team title on their home course as they shot a 222. Kimball/White Lake finished second. Peyton Nelson was the top golfer for the tournament for Platte/Geddes as he shot a 72. Stewart Van Zee and Brody Boltjes of Platte/Geddes both shot 75’s ...
- Area athletes ready for Howard Wood Relays May 3, 2018 The 93rd annual Howard Wood Dakota Relays will be held this Friday and Saturday in Sioux Falls. Some of the events for Friday include: High school pole vault, triple jump and the girls shot put. The 4×8 relays for the girls will happen Friday afternoon, the semis for the girls 100 hurdles, boys 110 hurdles, ...
- HOSTA course coming to Winner May 3, 2018 Winner will be hosting a HOSTA (hazardous occupations safety training for agriculture) on May 24th and 25th at the Tripp County 4-H Center. HOSTA is designed for youth ages 14 or 15 who are working on farms and ranches. Ages 12-18 can attend. To register visit igrow.org/events/2018-hazardous-occupation-safety-training-in-agriculture-Winner/.
- Blood drives to happen in Winner and Presho May 3, 2018 A blood drive will be held in Presho on Wednesday, May 16th from 1-6pm at the Methodist Church. To make an appointment call Catherine at 895-2409. On Monday, May 21st and Tuesday, May 22nd, a blood drive will take place at the Winner City Office. On Monday, the drive will run from 11am-5:30 and it ...
- Schedule for Thursday May 3, 2018 Club Baseball Bennett County at Todd County Golf Todd County at St. Francis Invite in Mission
- Winner/Colome defeats the Honkers May 3, 2018 The Winner/Colome Royals were able to move their record to 7-0 on the club baseball season last night as they scored a 1-0 victory over the Platte Honkers. The Royals scored the lone run of the game when Layton Thieman was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded and Nick Lantz came in to ...