We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- School Board meetings to happen tonight March 11, 2019 Many of our area towns will be holding school board meetings tonight. Todd County will hold a school board meeting at 5:30pm this evening at the District Office. The Lyman School Board will gather for a meeting at 6pm tonight at their regular location in Presho. Chamberlain School Board members will meet at the School ...
- Oyster Feed coming up in Reliance March 11, 2019 Mark your calendars! The Reliance Fire Department will hold their annual Rocky Mountain Oyster Feed and Wild Game Feed on Saturday, March 30th beginning at 6pm at the Reliance Fire Hall. Bring the entire family for some great food and good conversation at the end of this month.
- State B Basketball scores from Saturday March 10, 2019 Girls Class B State Championship Game DeSmet 49, Ethan 39 Fifth Place Warner 54, White River 48 Seventh Place Ipswich 52, Waverly-South Shore 49 Third Place Corsica/Stickney 55, Freeman 45
- Schedule for Saturday March 9, 2019 Girls Basketball Day 3 of State B Tournament in Huron 7th place game at Noon- Ipswich vs Waverly-South Shore Consolation Championship at 1:45- White River vs Warner 3rd place game at 6pm- Freeman vs Corsica/Stickney Championship game at 7:45- DeSmet vs Ethan Men’s College Basketball Summit League Tournament, Day 1 of 4 in Sioux Falls SDSU vs Western Illinois at 6pm Women’s College Basketball Summit ...
- State B Basketball scores from Friday March 9, 2019 State ‘B’ Girls Semi-Finals DeSmet 64, Corsica/Stickney 62 Ethan 44, Freeman 27 Consolation Semi-Finals Warner 66, Waverly-South Shore 52 White River 69, Ipswich 61
- Schedule for Friday March 8, 2019 Girls Basketball Day 2 of State B Tournament in Huron Noon- Waverly/South Shore vs Warner 1:45- White River vs Ipswich 6pm- Ethan vs Freeman 7:45- DeSmet vs Corsica/Stickney
- Lady Warriors to play Roncalli next Thursday, Lady Falcons to battle MCM March 8, 2019 The field is set for the Girls State ‘A’ Basketball Tournament that gets underway on Thursday, March 14th in Sioux Falls. At 1pm at the Premier Center, top seeded West Central will play eight seeded Mount Vernon/Plankinton. At 5pm at the Premier Center, four seeded Lennox will battle five seeded St. Thomas More. At 1pm ...
- Thursday night scores March 8, 2019 AP-SD-BKH–Prep Scores,99 Thursday’s Scores Thursday’s Scores By The Associated Press BOYS PREP BASKETBALL(equals) Class B SoDak 16(equals) State Qualifier(equals) Sully Buttes 66, Lemmon 53 GIRLS PREP BASKETBALL(equals) Class A SoDak 16(equals) State Qualifier(equals) Aberdeen Roncalli 49, Belle Fourche 27 Lennox 51, Sioux Falls Christian 46 McCook Central/Montrose 59, Beresford 53 Mt. Vernon/Plankinton 58, Hamlin 53 St. Thomas More 56, Flandreau 42 Todd County 73, Miller 62 West Central 44, Crow Creek 41 Winner ...
- St. Patrick’s Day Dance coming up in Gregory March 7, 2019 The 36th annual St. Patrick’s Day Dance sponsored by the Gregory Volunteer Fire Department will take place on Saturday, March 16th at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium! The dance will go from 9pm to 1am as Hot Rod Chevy Kevy will provide the tunes. You must be at least 21 years of age to attend.
- Storm Spotter training to happen next month in Winner March 7, 2019 Don’t forget that a Storm Spotter training course will take place in Winner on April 8th beginning at 7pm at the Winner Fire Hall. This is open to anyone who is interested in becoming a local storm spotter during storms. Training is free and is open to the public.