We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Six area schools to celebrate prom next week! March 28, 2018 It’s hard to believe that prom season is almost here for a good number of our area schools! Six schools- Kimball, Platte/Geddes, Gregory, Chamberlain, South Central and Jones County willl all be celebrating prom on Saturday, April 7th. Stay tuned to KWYR News in the coming days to hear from a representative from each school ...
- Kindergarten screenings to happen in Winner March 28, 2018 The Winner School District will conduct it’s annual Kindergarten/Begindergarten screenings for the 2018-2019 school year on Friday, April 13th. If you have any questions on these screenings or if you would like to make an appointment you can call the Winner Elementary School Office at 842-8170.
- Bassett and Gregory to hold blood drives soon March 28, 2018 There will be a blood drive in Bassett on April 2nd from noon-6pm at the Methodist Church Fellowship Hall. Appointments can be made by calling the Rock County Hospital at 402-684-3366. Gregory will host a blood drive on April 5th from 12:30-6pm at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium. To make an appointment call 1-800-287-4903.
- Hammerbeck and Valandra make All-State Basketball teams March 28, 2018 The South Dakota Basketball Coaches Association has released the Girls Class ‘A’ All-State Basketball Team. Morgan Koepsell of McCook/Central Montrose was named the player of the year. Locally, Todd County’s Caelyn Valandra made second team all-state as she averaged over 19 points a game in her freshman season. Winner Sophomore Morgan Hammerbeck made third team ...
- DWU Invite results from Tuesday March 28, 2018 Dakota Wesleyan University Invitational results from Tuesday- Courtesy of the Mitchell Daily Republic Boys team scores: 1. James Valley Christian 62, 2. Mitchell, 60; 3. Yankton, 57; 4. Beresford, 54; 5. Mount Vernon/Plankinton, 45; 6. Corsica-Stickney, 38; 7. Chamberlain, 37; 8. Canton, 33; 9. Wagner, 27; 10. Arlington, 16; 11. McCook Central/Montrose, 15; 12. Sioux Falls ...
- Clearfield softball signups to happen tonight March 27, 2018 If you are planning on playing softball for Clearfield this summer, they will have signups take place tonight from 6-7pm at Wings N’ More inside the Winner American legion. If you have a friend who would like to play and they aren’t committed to another team, feel free to bring them along to the signups! ...
- Schedule for Tuesday March 27, 2018 Boys Golf Valentine and Ainsworth at West Holt Scramble Track and Field Kimball/White Lake and Chamberlain at DWU Invite in Mitchell at 2 Club Baseball Chamberlain/Kimball at Wessington Springs at 5:30
- Tuesday reminders March 27, 2018 The public is welcome to attend a meeting at 10am this morning concerning the new County Shop that will be built in Winner. The meeting will happen at the Tripp County Commissioners meeting room inside the Courthouse. Colome High School’s Senior Class will hold it’s public display night from 5-6:30 in the Colome Gym. The ...
- Deadline approaching for Miss Rodeo Nebraska March 27, 2018 The deadline to get entered for the Miss Rodeo Nebraska and Miss Teen Rodeo Nebraska pagents is this Sunday, April 1st. The pagent is open to young women interested in promoting the Miss Rodeo Nebraska Association. Applications can be found online by going to missrodeonebraska.org.
- Great Plains All Star Games coming to White River March 26, 2018 The 12th annual Great Plains Senior All Star Basketball Games will take place on Tuesday, April 3rd at the Barnhart Gymnasium in White River! Doors will open at 5pm and the girls game will kick things off at 6pm. Halftime of the girls contest will be the girls three point shootout. A dunk contest will ...