We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Winner Regional news October 11, 2017 The Winner Regional Healthcare Emergency Room and ambulance entrance have been relocated to the north side of the hospital at the intersection of 8th and Harding Streets. This will serve as the entrance for the duration of the construction project. Interior signs will be in place directing patients and ambulance crews to the emergency room.
- Drug Take Back Day to happen at the Winner PD October 11, 2017 A National Prescription Drug Take Back Day will be held this month in Winner on Saturday, October 28th running from 10am-2pm at the Winner City Police Department. Turn in your unused or expired prescription medication for safe disposal and no questions will be asked.
- Schedule for Wednesday October 11, 2017 Cross Country Burke/South Central, Kimball/White Lake and Gregory at Region 3B Meet in Freeman Lyman at Region 4B Meet in Gettysburg Jones County and White River at Region 5B Meet in Philip
- Volleyball scores from Tuesday October 11, 2017 Aberdeen Roncalli def. Mobridge-Pollock, 25-8, 25-15, 25-19 Alcester-Hudson def. Irene-Wakonda, 26-24, 21-25, 25-11, 25-18 Baker, Mont. def. Harding County, 25-15, 22-25, 23-25, 25-21, 15-3 Brookings def. Yankton, 30-28, 18-25, 25-17, 19-25, 15-12 Burke/South Central def. Andes Central/Dakota Christian, 23-25, 25-13, 25-16, 25-14 Chester def. West Central, 25-23, 22-25, 25-23, 25-23 Colman-Egan def. Bridgewater-Emery, 16-25, 25-21, 23-25, 25-23, 15-10 Dakota Valley def. Lennox, ...
- Gorillas to host third ranked Miller-Highmore/Harrold Friday night October 10, 2017 There will be another big clash at Mike Dacy Field on Friday night as the top ranked Gregory Gorillas (7-0) will host 6-1 Miller-Highmore/Harrold at 7pm. The Rustlers have won four in a row since their week two loss to Bon Homme, 34-28. Karst Hunter is the quarterback for Miller-Highmore/Harrold and has once again put ...
- Bazaar’s coming up in Platte and Presho October 10, 2017 The Cathloic Bazaar in Platte will take place on Monday, October 23rd at the Platte Community Center. They will be serving turkey and the trimmings from 5-8pm. The Presho Methodist Bazaar will be held on Sunday, November 5th from 5-7pm at the Presho United Methodist Church. They will be serving up turkey and all the ...
- Upcoming blood drives in the area October 10, 2017 A blood drive will be taking place in Burke on Wednesday, October 18th from 11am-5:30pm at the Burke Gym. To schedule an appointment call Elaine at 775-2641. Colome will hold a blood drive on Wednesday, October 25th from noon-5:30pm at the American Legion. To make an appointment call Vicki at 842-0270. Bonesteel will host a ...
- Schedule for Tuesday October 10, 2017 Volleyball Jones County at Lyman Gregory at Colome Chamberlain at Winner Miller at Platte/Geddes Todd County at Valentine Burke/South Central at AC/DC in Lake Andes McCook and Ainsworth at Broken Bow Triangular North Central at Boyd County
- Week 8 Media Football Poll October 10, 2017 Week 8 South Dakota Media Prep Poll Class 11AAA 1. SF Washington (30) 7-0 150 1 2. SF Roosevelt 6-1 119 2 3. SF O’Gorman 5-2 90 3 4. Brandon Valley 5-2 61 4 5. RC Stevens 4-3 28 5 Receiving votes: Aberdeen Central 2. Class 11AA 1. Pierre (30) 6-1 150 2 2. Mitchell 5-2 116 1 3. Harrisburg 4-3 93 3 4. Douglas 3-4 53 ...
- Dinner for Hope to be held next week October 9, 2017 A Dinner for Hope will be held next Monday, October 16th beginning at 6:30pm at the Burke Civic Center. This is an informative breast cancer awareness fundraiser with local educational speakers and testimonials. You can get tickets at the Community Memorial Hospital, Green’s Grocery or at First Fidelity Bank. All of the proceeds will be donated ...