We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Anniversary Open House to happen next week in Gregory January 3, 2019 Prairie Treasurers Gift Shop in Gregory invites you to their 1st anniversary open house on Tuesday, January 8th from 9am to closing! There will be free refreshments, free gifts for all who attend and additional savings when you pop a birthday balloon at the event next week!
- “The One Man Band” to perform Saturday at the Black Lab January 3, 2019 Be sure to join your friends this Saturday night at the Black Lab on Main Street in Winner! David Tyler “The One Man Band” will be playing all of your favorite older rock n’ roll and country tunes from 8:30 to closing. Get there early for their happy hour specials and also to enjoy the ...
- Burke Livstock to hold a sale on Saturday January 2, 2019 The Burke Livestock Auction will hold a special spring calf and yearling sale this Saturday, January 5th with 1500 head expected. Weigh-ups will sell at 10am and calves and yearlings at 12:30pm. If possible, they ask that you please bring in your weigh-ups on Friday. For more information, visit burkelivestock.com.
- Donate to the Chamberlain Fire Department today! January 2, 2019 The Chamberlain Fire Department is holding a fundraiser to purchase new helmets and to replace their 1984 model grass rig. If you would like to send a donation, please send to: Chamberlain-Oacoma Fire Department, P.O. Box 426, Chamberlain, SD 57325. An y and all donations are greatly appreciated!
- Girls Basketball from Mission tomorrow January 2, 2019 We will have coverage from Mission tomorrow night for girls basketball when the Todd County Lady Falcons host the Winner Lady Warriors. Pre-game coverage on Magic 93 will start at around 7:35. Todd County is 6-1 on the season while Winner is 5-0. Best of luck to both teams tomorrow night!
- Winner-Chamberlain doubleheader news January 2, 2019 Winner and Chamberlain have agreed to split up the basketball doubleheader that was scheduled for earlier this week. The Lady Warriors will host Chamberlain next Thursday, January 10th at the Winner Armory. C Game will start at 5:15. Both schools are working on a makeup date for the boys game.
- Cork Thornton Memorial Ice Fishing Tournament set for January 25th and 26th December 31, 2018 The annual Cork Thornton Memorial Ice Fishing Tournament will be held January 25th and 26th at the Merritt Dam Reservoir, 26 miles south of Valentine. Over $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded for big species fish. If you have questions, contact Dean Jacobs at 402-376-2969 or Jeff Ohlmann at 402-322-1602.
- Ranchers Workshop coming up in White River December 31, 2018 The 40th annual Ranchers Workshop will be held on Tuesday, January 15th at the Community Events Center in White River. The main speaker for this year’s event will be Jay Fuhrer, who is a Conservationist with the NRCS in Bismarck. Money received for the event will be used to help pay for speaking fees, facility ...
- Elks Hoop Shoot set for this weekend in Winner December 31, 2018 The Winner Elks Lodge Hoop Shoot will be held this Saturday, January 5th at the Winner Middle School Auditorium. Registration will start at 1pm with the hoop shoot to follow. This is a free free throw contest for boys and girls between the ages of eight and thirteen. For more information, contact Gary Christensen at ...
- Basketball scores from Saturday December 30, 2018 BOYS PREP BASKETBALL Aberdeen Christian 62, Irene-Wakonda 35 Alcester-Hudson 69, Avon 31 Arlington 59, Deuel 49 Baltic 59, Deubrook 39 Brandon Valley 74, Rochester John Marshall, Minn. 62 Bridgewater-Emery 66, Mitchell Christian 32 Clark/Willow Lake 66, Florence/Henry 25 Colman-Egan 52, Elkton-Lake Benton 43 DeSmet 68, Chester 55 Dell Rapids 72, Sioux Valley 60 Dell Rapids St. Mary 58, Castlewood 55 Flandreau 43, Hamlin, Texas 40 Garretson 66, Lake ...