We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Tractor Safety Training to happen in June in Cherry County April 7, 2016 There will be tractor safety training that will take place at the Cherry County Extension Fairgrounds on June 2nd and the 3rd. The classes will be open to youth ages 14 and 15. Registration is required. To register call the Nebraska Extension Office in Valentine at 402-376-1850.
- Kindergarten screenings set for April 22nd in Winner April 7, 2016 Winner Elementary School will be holding kindergarten screenings on Friday, April 22nd. The screenings are for any child that will be school age for next school year and 5 by September 1, 2016. To schedule an appointment call the Elementary School Office at 842-8170.
- Get signed up for summer baseball and softball in Gregory! April 7, 2016 Boys and girls ages 5-18 can get signed up now for baseball and softball for the summer in Gregory! Forms are available at the Gregory Elementary School Office and at First Fidelity Bank. If you have questions you can call Brett at 830-0237 or Curt at 830-0720. The final signup date is April 15th.
- Davis powers Orioles past the Twins April 7, 2016 BALTIMORE (AP) – Chris Davis homered to back an effective pitching performance by Yovani Gallardo in his Orioles debut as Baltimore beat the Minnesota Twins 4-2 Wednesday night at Camden Yards. Davis hit a solo shot to deep center off Kyle Gibson in the third inning to put the Orioles ahead for good. Gallardo allowed ...
- Little League Signups to be held in Winner today April 6, 2016 Don’t forget that Winner Little League Baseball signups will be held from 3:45-6pm today at the front door of the Winner Elementary School. An April 15th deadline to signup will be strictly enforced. For more information you can call Kevin Keiser at 840-1433 or Jason Bartels at 840-0111.
- Track and Field results from Tuesday in Parkston April 6, 2016 Track and Field took place on Tuesday in Parkston as Ethan/Parkston held their early bird meet: Boys team scores: 1. Ethan/Parkston 193; 2. McCook Central/Montrose 67; 3. Tripp-Delmont/Armour 55; 4. Chamberlain 45; 5. Wagner 41; 6. Mitchell Christian 6 Individual results Long jump: 1. Wyatt Feistner, Sanborn Central/Woonsocket, 18-2; 2. Abiah Plastow, EP, 17-8; 3. Brady Hawkins, EP, ...
- Pre-School Open House going on this morning April 6, 2016 Just a reminder that a pre-school open house is scheduled for this morning at Dakota Christian School. The open house will run from 9-11am. The open house is for parents and their children who would be interested in pre-school for next school year. If you have any questions this morning you can call Rachel at ...
- Retirement open house to take place in Bassett tonight April 6, 2016 We want to remind you that a retirement open house will take place in Bassett, Nebraska tonight for Bim and Jerri Nelson, Donnie and Marcia Painter, Faye Smith and Nickie Buell! Tonight’s open house will begin at 6pm at the Bassett American Legion.
- Harter makes first team all-state in Class B Basketball! April 5, 2016 The Class B All-State Boys’ Basketball Team that was selected by the South Dakota Basketball Coaches Association has been revealed. Making first team all-state was Colome’s Reed Harter. Joining Reed on the first team all-state squad were: Gabe King of Irene-Wakonda, Shay Jolley of Canistota, Michael Rogers of Warner, Rease Logan of Potter County and ...
- Awareness meeting coming up in Chamberlain April 5, 2016 Persons suffering a loss from suicide or those interested in suicide prevention are encouraged to attend a meeting focusing on how best to bring suicide awareness and survivor support to the Chamberlain/Oacoma area. The meeting will be held this Thursday, April 7th at 7pm at Trinity Lutheran Church in Chamberlain. For more information please contact ...