We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Taste of Winner set for Thursday March 28, 2016 The Taste of Winner will be held this Thursday, March 31st at the Winner Bowling Center from 6-8pm. Categories will be appetizer, chili and dessert. There will also be a beef basket challenge sponsored by the Southern Belle Cattlewomen. $5 cost of admission for all you can eat.
- A couple of reminders for tomorrow March 28, 2016 There will be a blood drive in Murdo tomorrow from 2-6pm at the Murdo Senior Citizens Center. To make an appointment call Katie at 669-2258. Also, the Cherry County Board of Commissioners will meet tomorrow at 10am at the regular location in Valentine.
- Class ‘A’ Dan Lennon Invite taking place today March 28, 2016 The spring sports season is here! The action will get underway in Vermillion today as the Class ‘A’ Dan Lannon Track and Field Invite will be taking place. Best of luck to all of our area teams in club baseball, track and field and golf this spring sports season!
- Sportsmax to come your way on Saturday on 1260 March 28, 2016 With Coaches Corner coming to a close for the sports season this past Saturday, we want to let you know that we will begin airing Sportsmax on Saturday’s beginning at 9am on Country 1260. The program will run from 9-10am.
- Tennessee and Syracuse win in Sioux Falls Friday March 26, 2016 Women’s Sweet 16 College Basketball took place at the Denny Sanford Premier Center in Sioux Falls on Friday night. In game one, Syracuse was able to upset number one seeded South Carolina, 80-72. In game two, Tennessee upset three seeded Ohio State, 78-62. The Lady Volunteers will play the Lady Orange in Sioux Falls tomorrow at ...
- Easter Egg hunts in our area this weekend March 25, 2016 We have plenty going on for the Easter weekend in Central South Dakota. There will be an Easter Egg Scramble tomorrow beginning at 11am at the Gregory City Auditorium. Winner Regional Healthcare Center will be having an Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow. The Easter Parade will begin at 2pm followed by the hunt. The egg hunt ...
- Lady Coyotes win by one! March 25, 2016 The USD Lady Coyotes were able to take down Northern Iowa last night at the Dakota Dome, 51-50 in a third round NIT contest. The Lady Coyotes were able to lock down defensively in the closing seconds to come away with the win. USD shot just 33 percent from the field and 7 percent from ...
- Season Finale of Coaches Corner is tomorrow March 25, 2016 Our season finale of ‘Coaches Corner’ will take place tomorrow morning on Country 1260 starting at 9am. Doski will visit with Coach Gardner, Coach Nelson and Coach Marshall recapping state basketball from last weekend along with many of our area spring sports coaches too! Tune in tomorrow morning, and tell your friends we will be ...
- Farmers Market group to meet in Burke March 25, 2016 The Burke Area Farmers Market will hold its annual spring planning meeting and elections on Wednesday, March 30th starting at 5:30 at the old Community Room in Burke. If you are interested in buying, selling or participating please attend this meeting.
- Scrubs Camp set for April 8th in Winner March 25, 2016 Winner Regional Healthcare Center will host a Scrubs Camp on April 8th. Area high school students have the opportunity to explore a variety of healthcare options. For more information or to register call Sharon at 842-7150. Today is the register deadline.