We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Season Finale of Coaches Corner is tomorrow March 25, 2016 Our season finale of ‘Coaches Corner’ will take place tomorrow morning on Country 1260 starting at 9am. Doski will visit with Coach Gardner, Coach Nelson and Coach Marshall recapping state basketball from last weekend along with many of our area spring sports coaches too! Tune in tomorrow morning, and tell your friends we will be ...
- Farmers Market group to meet in Burke March 25, 2016 The Burke Area Farmers Market will hold its annual spring planning meeting and elections on Wednesday, March 30th starting at 5:30 at the old Community Room in Burke. If you are interested in buying, selling or participating please attend this meeting.
- Scrubs Camp set for April 8th in Winner March 25, 2016 Winner Regional Healthcare Center will host a Scrubs Camp on April 8th. Area high school students have the opportunity to explore a variety of healthcare options. For more information or to register call Sharon at 842-7150. Today is the register deadline.
- USD set to take on Northern Iowa tonight in NIT play March 24, 2016 The University of South Dakota Lady Coyotes are ready to take on Northern Iowa tonight in the third round of the Women’s NIT. USD is coming off a 101-89 win on Sunday in Minnesota. Kelly Stewart tied a career-high with 19 points while Nicole Seekamp (Summit League Player of the Year) scored 18 in the ...
- Thursday’s schedule March 24, 2016 Women’s College Basketball Third Round WNIT matchup tonight Northern Iowa at USD at 7pm
- All-Star football game being moved to Vermillion March 24, 2016 VERMILLION, S.D. (AP) – The annual high school all-star football game in South Dakota is moving from Aberdeen to Vermillion. This year’s game will be July 9th in the University of South Dakota’s DakotaDome. Games in following years will be in early June. AP-WF-03-24-16 0831GMT
- Re-Certification to happen in Winner today March 24, 2016 Private Pesticide Applicator re-certification will be held this afternoon at the Winner Regional Extension Center beginning at 1pm. For more information you can call 773-8120 or 842-1267.
- Couple of reminders in Gregory March 24, 2016 Showing this weekend at the Hipp Theatre in Gregory will be the movie “Zootopia”. There will be shows this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 7pm. Also, the Gregory Golf Association’s annual meeting will be held on Friday, April 1st starting at 7pm at the Clubhouse.
- Tractor Safety Training scheduled for June 2nd and 3rd in Cherry County March 23, 2016 There will be a tractor safety training class at the Cherry County Extension Fairgrounds on June 2nd and the 3rd. Classes are open to youth ages 14 or 15. Registration is required for the classes. To register or if you would like additional details you can call the Nebraska Extension Office in Valentine at 402-376-1850.
- White River to hold blood drive soon March 23, 2016 There will be a blood drive in White River on Wednesday, March 30th at the White River Community Events Center from 8:30am-12:30pm. The drive is being sponsored by the White River High School’s FCCLA Chapter. To make an appointment call Tracy at 259-3137.