We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Burma qualifies on Rooster Country! October 10, 2018 Coming up in early November, we will be giving away $500 in cash to one lucky person on Rooster Country during our ‘Gettin’ Rich with Rooster Country’ promotion! Taylor Burma of Gregory became our fourth qualifier on Tuesday as she called in when she heard the Rooster Country sounder. Stay tuned in the coming days ...
- Region Cross Country moved to Thursday October 10, 2018 The Region 3B Cross Country meet that was to happen today in Freeman has been postponed due to the weather. The meet will now happen this Thursday at 1pm. The Region 4B Meet that was to happen in Gettysburg today has been postponed to Thursday. The meet will start at 1pm.
- Volleyball from Tuesday October 10, 2018 Volleyball Aberdeen Roncalli def. Mobridge-Pollock, 25-18, 25-9, 25-14 Alcester-Hudson def. Irene-Wakonda, 25-19, 25-18, 13-25, 26-24 Arlington def. Sioux Valley, 25-17, 26-24, 25-23 Baker, Mont. def. Harding County, 21-25, 25-23, 25-19, 24-26, 15-13 Bennett County def. Hot Springs, 25-13, 25-23, 22-25, 25-22 Bon Homme def. Scotland, 21-25, 25-21, 27-25, 21-25, 15-13 Bridgewater-Emery def. Colman-Egan, 25-19, 25-13, 23-25, 25-18 Brookings def. Brandon Valley, 23-25, 24-26, ...
- Benefit to happen Saturday in Gregory October 9, 2018 There will be a benefit for Austin McGee this Saturday, October 13th from 5-12 at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium. A free-will donation meal will be served, in addition to a raffle, silent and live auctions and a dance. Modern Woodman of America will match funds. If you would like to buy raffle tickets, contact Becky ...
- Technology courses at Grossenburg Implement October 9, 2018 If you have technology questions, like how to do certain things with your cell phone, tablet, email, Microsoft programs, Facebook etc. Grossenburg Implement in Winner will hold Technology classes on Friday’s from 1-2pm. To register, contact Karla Brozik at the Winner Area Chamber of Commerce office at 605-842-1533.
- Schedule for Tuesday October 9, 2018 Volleyball Winner at Chamberlain AC/DC at Burke Colome at Gregory Valentine at Todd County Ainsworth at Broken Bow Triangular Lyman at Jones County Platte at Miller
- Results from Monday October 9, 2018 Congratulations to the Winner Area Competitive Cheer and Dance teams on winning the Faulkton Tournament that took place on Monday! The girls will next compete in Platte this Saturday. In High School Volleyball last night, Miller beat Kimball/White Lake in straight sets, 25-15, 25-13 and 25-17.
- Bull Riding Tour coming to Platte October 8, 2018 The Northern Bull Riding Tour Finals will take place on Friday, October 19th in Platte at the Yellow Rose Arena. The Calcutta will start at 6:30pm and bull riding to follow. There will be a $3,000 added purse . For kids, a candy scramble will take place along with a steer riding event. The stock ...
- Schedule for Monday October 8, 2018 Competitive Cheer and Dance Winner Area at Faulkton Volleyball Miler at Kimball/White Lake
- Zombie Walk coming up October 8, 2018 A suicide awareness Zombie Walk will take place on October 27th in Mission. The event is sponsored by the Antelope Community Youth, Sicangu Youth and Community Corrections. Registration will begin at 5:30 in front of the Mission Gus Stop. The walk will start at 6pm. A light meal along with drinks will be provided.