We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Jags ready to host Colome this week October 3, 2018 The Colome Cowboys face one of their biggest tests of the season this Friday in High School Football when the 6-0 Cowboys hit the road to play Corsica/Stickney. The Jaguars (3-3) beat Centerville last week, 59-6. Corsica/Stickney has losses to Alcester-Hudson (26-14), Burke (26-22) and to TDA/AC/DC (26-6). The Cowboys were able to handle Scotland ...
- “Two Witches, No Waiting” back at the WCPH this week October 3, 2018 The Winner Community Playhouse will host the presentation of the comedy, “Two Witches, No Waiting” this week! There will be performances on Thursday, October 4th, Friday, October 5th and on Saturday, October 6th! Doors will open at 7pm and curtain time is 7:30. To make reservations, call 605-842-1958.
- Community Blood Drive set for tomorrow in Gregory October 3, 2018 The Gregory Community Blood Drive will be held on Thursday, October 4th from 12:30pm to 6:00pm tomorrow at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium. Walk-ins are welcome, or you can call 1-800-287-4903 if you would like to schedule an appointment. Give the gift of life in Gregory this week!
- Volleyball from Tuesday October 3, 2018 Volleyball Arlington def. Deuel, 25-18, 25-16, 25-20 Baltic def. Alcester-Hudson, 25-15, 26-24, 25-22 Bennett County def. Red Cloud, 26-24, 19-25, 16-25, 25-22, 15-9 Brandon Valley def. Yankton, 25-15, 25-22, 25-21 Bridgewater-Emery def. Freeman Academy/Marion, 18-25, 25-7, 25-19, 25-15 Brookings def. Mitchell, 25-21, 25-22, 25-17 Burke def. Avon, 25-22, 25-19, 27-29, 25-17 Canistota def. Menno, 18-25, 20-25, 25-12, 25-12, 15-12 Castlewood def. Florence/Henry, 25-21, 25-15, ...
- State Golf results October 3, 2018 The State ‘A’ Boys Golf Tournament wrapped up yesterday in Dell Rapids as Brock Murphy of Tea Area won the tournament by shooting a 152, two shots ahead of Nate Nielsen of Sisseton. Chamberlain’s Cameron Caldwell finished fifth overall as he shot a 162. Todd County’s Bryce Hammer finished the tournament with a 185 two ...
- Event coming to the WCC this weekend October 2, 2018 A Neon Nine walk/run will take place on Saturday, October 6th at the Winner Country Club. Registration will start at 5 and the race gets underway at 5:30pm. The cost to participate is twenty five dollars, which includes a race t-shirt and a meal. There will be a raffle drawing for a queen size star ...
- Ranch Rodeo coming to Murdo on Sunday October 2, 2018 The Central South Dakota Invitational Ranch Rodeo will take place at the Murdo Rodeo Arena on Sunday, October 7th starting at 2pm.There will be a wild cow milking event in addition to the ranch rodeo. Calcutta will start at 2pm. Participating towns include: Murdo, Lower Brule, White River, Winner, Dallas, Isabel, Union Center, Blunt, Kadoka, ...
- Schedule for Tuesday October 2, 2018 Boys Golf Day 2 of State in Dell Rapids Volleyball Winner at Gregory Kimball/White Lake at Chamberlain Burke at Avon Valentine at Ogallala Triangular Colome, North Central and Stuart at Ainsworth Triangular Lyman at Kadoka Todd County at White River Parkston at Platte Cross Country Todd County and White River at St. Francis Invite in Mission
- Day 1 State Golf results October 2, 2018 The State ‘A’ Boys Golf Tournament will resume at 9am this morning in Dell Rapids. Brock Murphy of Tea Area enters day two with the top score with a 75. Chamberlain’s Cameron Caldwell is five shots off the lead after he carded an 80 on Monday as he enter days two tied for eighth place. ...
- SESD Cross Country results from Monday October 2, 2018 The SESD Cross Country Meet was held on Monday in Plankinton. Caden Tegethoff of Platte/Geddes won the boys race. Burke’s Jackson Liewer was runner up while Kade Watson of Winner Area placed third. Ella Byers of Chamberlain won the girls race while Sidda Schuyler of Winner Area was runner up.