We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- A busy Homecoming week in the area September 19, 2018 We have seven of our area schools that are celebrating Homecoming this week: Winner, Kimball, Platte, Burke, Todd County, Rock County and Keya Paha County students are celebrating homecoming all week long! We hope you enjoy the rest of your homecoming week and stay safe!
- Pre-Region Golf from Tuesday September 19, 2018 The Parkston/Pre-Region Golf Invite was held Tuesday in Mitchell. Chamberlain finished third as a team behind Mitchell and Parkston. Chamberlain’s Cameron Caldwell won a playoff hole over Mitchell’s Ethan Huber after both guys shot a tournament best, 75. Chamberlain’s Drayton Priebe finished third overall. Bryce Hammer of Todd County was 11th. Thomas Denoyer of St. ...
- Volleyball from Tuesday September 19, 2018 Volleyball Aberdeen Roncalli def. Webster, 25-17, 25-15, 25-27, 25-17 Andes Central/Dakota Christian def. Tripp-Delmont/Armour, 24-26, 25-18, 25-21, 19-25, 15-6 Avon def. Colome, 25-13, 25-23, 25-20 Brandon Valley def. Yankton, 25-11, 25-22, 25-18 Bridgewater-Emery def. Hanson, 25-17, 25-21, 25-22 Brookings def. Harrisburg, 25-18, 25-18, 25-20 Burke def. Platte-Geddes, 25-18, 25-20, 25-16 Canistota def. Colman-Egan, 25-18, 30-32, 25-14, 25-10 Canton def. Tri-Valley, 10-25, 25-23, 22-25, 25-21, ...
- Blood Drive coming up next week in Winner September 18, 2018 Community Connections of Winner will be sponsoring a blood drive at the Winner City Office Main Room on Monday, September 24th from Noon to 6:15, and on Tuesday, the 25th from 8am to 12:15pm. For an appointment, contact Community Connections at 842-1708, or go online to www.bloodhero.com. The sponsor code is Winner.
- Open House to happen on Thursday September 18, 2018 A fall customer appreciation open house will be hosted by Agrimax and West River Ag Services of Winner on Thursday, September 20th with a social hour starting at 4pm. Food and drinks will be provided at the event. They will have some great early booking specials too. The open house will take place at 31710 ...
- Tuesday’s Schedule September 18, 2018 Boys Golf Winner, Todd County and Chamberlain at Pre-Regions in Mitchell Volleyball Madison at Chamberlain Burke at Platte Gregory at Todd County Colome at Avon Lyman at Wall
- Volleyball and Cross Country from Monday September 18, 2018 The Bon Homme Cross Country Invite took place on Monday in Tyndall. The boys race was won by Alec Atwood of Beresford. Locally, Caden Tegethoff of Platte/Geddes finished third. The girls race was won by Maddy Fairley of Gayville-Volin while Gregory’s Emma Thomas placed fourth. Hartington-Newcastle won the girls team title while Beresford won the ...
- Neon Nine Walk/Run to happen October 6th in Winner September 17, 2018 A Neon Nine walk/run will take place on Saturday, October 6th at the Winner Golf Course. Registration will start at 5 and the race gets underway at 5:30pm. The cost to participate is twenty five dollars, which includes a race t-shirt and a meal. There will be a raffle drawing for a queen size star ...
- Keya Paha County Homecoming information September 17, 2018 The Keya Paha High School Homecoming is set for this Friday, September 21st! The football team will battle the Boyd County County Spartans at 7pm that night. The parade will start at 2:30 on Friday with the line-up at the High School by 2pm. The theme for the parade this year is ‘Board Games’. Spirit ...
- Schedule for Monday September 17, 2018 Volleyball Winner at Mobridge/Pollock St. Francis at Colome Cross Country Burke, Platte/Geddes and Gregory at Bon Homme Invite