We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Friday’s schedule September 7, 2018 Cross Country Jones County at Bennett County Football Burke at Corsica/Stickney in Corsica on Magic 93 Lyman at Jones County/White River Platte-Geddes at Herreid/Selby Bon Homme at Kimball/White Lake Todd County at Cheyenne-Eagle Butte McLaughlin at St. Francis Chamberlain at Wagner Chadron at Valentine South Loup at Ainsworth Arcadia/Loup City at North Central
- Volleyball and Cross Country from Thursday September 7, 2018 Cross Country from Thursday, Ethan/Parkston was able to hold off the Burke boys for the team title by one point at the Scotland Invite. Jackson Liewer of Burke finished first overall and Chamberlain’s Dominic Santiago was second. On the girls side, Chamberlain won the girls team title. Lindsey Roth of Ethan/Parkston was first while Allie Hough ...
- Vet’s Hall Carnival to happen September 15th in Colome September 6, 2018 The Colome Athletic Department will be putting on the 2nd Annual Vet’s Hall Carnival on Saturday, September 15th from 5:30-9pm at the Vet’s Hall in Colome. Come have some fun with food, games, prizes and much more during the big night! All of the proceeds will go to refurbishing and maintaining the Vet’s Hall.
- Annual meetings coming up this month September 6, 2018 Rosebud Electric Cooperative will hold it’s annual meeting on Monday, September 17th beginning at 7:30pm at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium. Door prizes will be up for grabs along with some great live entertainment. All members are encouraged to attend. The Cherry-Todd Electric Cooperative’s annual business meeting of it’s members is scheduled for Saturday, September 22nd ...
- Schedule for Thursday September 6, 2018 Boys Golf Winner, Todd County and Chamberlain at Big Dakota in Chamberlain Volleyball Crow Creek at Chamberlain Burke at O’Neill Wagner at Gregory Ainsworth and North Central at Chambers Wheeler Central Triangular New Underwood at Lyman White River at Bennett County Bon Homme at Platte/Geddes Pine Ridge at Todd County
- Big Red and Jackrabbit Football on KWYR airwaves this weekend September 6, 2018 College Football will come your way on Country 1260 and Magic 93 this Saturday! On Magic 93, Montana State will battle South Dakota State in Brookings at 6pm. Doski’s prelude to the pregame will kickoff our coverage at 5:30. On Country 1260, Colorado heads to Lincoln to battle the Nebraska Cornhuskers. The Scott Frost Pre-Game ...
- Wednesday morning rain reports September 5, 2018 We had a few rain reports called in to the KWYR Studios this morning. Stan Bicek, ten miles south of Colome, received .25. Pete Haukaas in Okreek reported .16. Four miles southeast of Burke, Delbert Klein received 2.85 on Tuesday. Dennis Hansen at Carlock reported .60 while Laura Reuer in Herrick called in an inch ...
- Welcome Neighbor Day coming to Mission September 5, 2018 A Welcome Neighbor Day is coming up at the Mission City Park on Saturday, September 15th beginning at 10am with registration. Registration will be done for the bike and car show. The show is being sponsored by the Sicangu Drifters Bike Club. Sausage and pancakes will be served from 11 to noon. A horseshoe tournament ...
- Agrimax/West River Ag to hold open house on the 20th September 5, 2018 A fall customer appreciation open house will be hosted by Agrimax and West River Ag Services of Winner on Thursday, September 20th with a social hour starting at 4pm. Food and drinks will be provided at the event. They will have some great early booking specials too. The open house will take place at 31710 ...
- Golf from Tuesday September 5, 2018 The Madison Golf Invitational was held on Tuesday. Tea Area’s Brock Murphy finished first overall as he shot a 71. Roncalli’s Lucas Schaefbauer was runner up with a 77. Chamberlain’s to golfer was Cameron Caldwell as he shot an 85. Tea Area won the team title with a 339 score while Sisseton was runner up.