We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Schedule for Thursday August 23, 2018 Volleyball Winner at Miller Kimball/White Lake at Gregory
- Gorillas ready to host Parkston on Friday August 22, 2018 The 1-0 Gregory Gorilla Football team will battle the 0-1 Parkston Trojans Friday Night at Mike Dacy Field. Gregory is coming off a low scoring, 12-6 victory last week over Kimball/White Lake. The Trojans lost to a good Bon Homme team in week 0 on the road, 41-0. KWYR will be covering some big Gorilla ...
- Winner High School taking nominations for Homecoming Parade Marshall August 22, 2018 Winner High School’s Student Council is still taking nominations for Homecoming Parade Marshall. Nominations along with a short letter on why you have nominated that person can be sent to Mona LaCompte at the High School, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winner High School’s Homecoming is September 20th.
- BBQ Sale set for Friday at Winner Livestock August 22, 2018 The Winner Livestock Auction will hold their annual Fall Calf & Yearling Barbecue Sale this Friday, August 24th with over 4,000 head expected. No weigh-ups will sell. Fall calves will sell at 10:30am, PO Heifers at 11:30am and yearlings at 12:30. For further details visit winnerlivestock.com.
- Jones County Sportsman Club hosting annual meeting this weekend August 22, 2018 The Jones County Sportsman Club in Murdo will be hosting the South Dakota Wildlife Federation’s 73rd annual State Meeting, August 24th through the 26th. Tickets for a Saturday night prime rib supper are available from local members. A fundraising auction will follow. For tickets, call Greg at 605-280-3705.
- Tuesday night Volleyball scores August 22, 2018 Volleyball Beresford def. Canton, 25-12, 25-20, 25-19 Chester def. Flandreau, 25-6, 25-9, 25-16 Deuel def. Sioux Valley, 25-23, 20-25, 25-22, 14-25, 15-9 Estelline/Hendricks def. Iroquois, 25-10, 25-13, 25-7 Hamlin def. Tiospa Zina Tribal, 25-10, 25-11, 25-15 James Valley Christian def. Lake Preston, 25-21, 25-23, 25-21 McCook Central/Montrose def. Bridgewater-Emery, 25-9, 25-20, 25-14 Northwestern def. Aberdeen Roncalli, 25-21, 25-15, 26-24 Parker def. Irene-Wakonda, 25-15, 25-9, ...
- Old Settlers Reunion to happen on Saturday August 21, 2018 The 131st annual Old Settlers Reunion will be held on Saturday, August 25th in Sparks, Nebraska! 9am will be the open rodeo events. At 10am is the horseshoe competition. At 11am, the Bowery Program will be conducted by Sally Conner. At 12noon is small sports for all ages. Following the open rodeo events will be ...
- Hansen Mueller Checkerboard Days coming up August 21, 2018 Hansen Mueller in Colome would like to say thank you to all of the local farmers and ranchers by inviting them to their Checkerboard Days on Thursday, August 30th next week from 11am to 2pm! They will be serving up free brats, burgers, hot dogs and drinks for all who attend. Bring the entire family ...
- Schedule for Tuesday August 21, 2018 Volleyball Winner at Bon Homme Platte/Geddes at Hanson
- Golf from Monday, and Preseason Football Poll August 21, 2018 In Boys Golf on Monday, Sisseton won the team title at the Dell Rapids Invite. Sisseton was able to hold off Sioux Valley by three strokes to claim victory. Brock Murphy of Tea finished atop the leaderboard as he shot a 73. Chamberlain’s Cameron Caldwell placed third as he carded a 75. Chamberlain’s Drayton Priebe ...