We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Father/Daughter dance to happen Sunday in Winner March 20, 2019 The Jobs Daughter’s Bethel 21 is sponsoring a father/daughter dance this Sunday, March 24th from 6 to 8pm at the Winner Elementary Gym. Girls in PreSchool through the 8th grade can be accompanied by any man they look up to in their life. For more information, contact Colleen at 605-842-5225.
- Rosebud Farmers Union to hold annual meeting on Saturday March 20, 2019 The 79th annual meeting of the stockholders of Rosebud Farmers Union Cooperative will take place this Saturday, March 23rd beginning at 6pm. A meal will be served at 6 and the meeting will start at 7pm at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium. There will be great door prizes that will be given away this weekend.
- Fish Supper to take place in Colome on Friday March 20, 2019 The Colome American Legion will host a fish supper this Friday, March 22nd from 5:30 to 8pm. They will be serving fish, baked hash browns, coleslaw, dinner rolls and desserts for a free will offering. Proceeds will go towards the building maintenance and improvements.
- Evans and Priebe victorious in Mitchell on Tuesday March 20, 2019 In Track and Field yesterday, Chamberlain’s Hayden Evans won the 400 meter dash at the Dakota Wesleyan Meet that took place. Evans was victorious in a time of 57.48. Drayton Priebe of Chamberlain won the long jump with a leap of 19-5.
- Tuesday sports notes March 20, 2019 In Men’s College Basketball last night, South Dakota State fell to Texas by a final score of 79-73. Mike Daum closed out his Jackrabbit career with a double double as he put up 25 points and 11 rebounds last night. Locally, we want to say congratulations to White River’s Caelyn Valandra-Prue as she was named to ...
- East/West Shootout results March 19, 2019 A fun time was had by all in Gregory last night at the annual East/West Shootout that took place. The West Girls beat the East, 63-59. The East boys took down the West, 101-89. Winner’s Gabriel Kocer won the three point contest for the girls while Lahna Matucha of Burke was runner up. On the ...
- 3 Lady Warriors make first team all-SESD Conference squad March 19, 2019 The state champion Winner Lady Warriors had three girls named to the first-team all-SESD squad. Those girls were Bella Swedlund, Morgan Hammerbeck and Gabriel Kocer. Chamberlain’s Mady Handel was named to the first-team all conference squad too. Kalla Bertram of Winner made second team all conference along with Gregory’s Jessy Jo VanDerWerff. Chamberlain’s Hannah Anderson ...
- Storm spotter training coming up in Winner March 19, 2019 Don’t forget that a Storm Spotter training course will take place in Winner next month. The training will take place on Monday, April 8th beginning at 7pm at the Winner Fire Hall. This is open to anyone who is interested in becoming a local storm spotter during storms. Training is free and is open to ...
- Shopko to close doors March 19, 2019 Yesterday, mitchelldailyrepublic .com reported that Shopko will close all of its remaining stores, including the Winner store, along with stores in Mitchell and Madison. The story includes a closing date in mid June for the remaining South Dakota stores. We will have further details as they become available to us at KWYR news.
- More fish fries coming up in Gregory March 18, 2019 The Knights of Columbus and Catholic Daughters of Gregory will hold their annual lenten fish fries on April 5th at Mary Vale Hall in Gregory. They will also hold fish fries March 22nd at the Gregory Community Room and on March 29th at the Burke Community Room. It is all you can eat and each ...