We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Mission to hold a blood drive soon April 1, 2016There will be a blood drive in Mission on Wednesday, April 13th from 9:30am to 2pm at the Todd County High School. The drive is being sponsored by the Student Council. If you would like to make an appointment you can call Hillary at 856-3503.
- Weekend reminders April 1, 2016Remember to stay tuned to kwyr.com this weekend as we will have complete results from the Bill Pistulka Track and Field Invitational that will be held on Saturday in Winner. Also, don’t forget that Sportsmax will come your way on Saturday and Sunday. The program will run from 9-10am on Saturday, and from 1-2pm on ...
- USD to play Florida Gulf Coast tomorrow April 1, 2016VERMILLION, S.D. (AP) – The University of South Dakota women’s basketball team will play Florida Gulf Coast University for the championship of the Women’s National Invitation Tournament. FGCU beat Michigan 71-62 in a semifinal matchup on Thursday night. USD on Wednesday night had downed Oregon 88-54 to advance to the finals. USD will host the championship game. ...
- Cox makes first team all-state basketball! March 31, 2016Congratulations to Winner’s Allison Cox as she was named to the first team all-state basketball squad in Class ‘A’! The selections were made by the South Dakota Basketball Coaches Association. Making first team all-state were Cox, Ciara Duffy of St. Thomas More, Megan Bultsma of Mount Vernon/Plankinton, Morgan Koepsell of McCook Central/Montrose, Mckenzie Mennenga of ...
- Fire Department Fundraiser set for this weekend in Reliance March 31, 2016The Reliance Volunteer Fire Department will hold their annual mountain oyster and wild game feed fundraiser this Saturday, April 2nd starting at 6pm at the Reliance Fire Hall. It will be a free will offering and all funds will go towards updating fire equipment.
- Education Fund deadline is Monday March 31, 2016The American Indian Education Fund is accepting applications for the 2016-2017 American Indian Education Fund Scholarship. A 2,000 dollar scholarship is offered to those students who are enrolled tribal members or descendent to a federally recognized American Indian Tribe, and must be enrolled as a full time student at an accredited college, university, tech or ...
- Gregory Golf course reminders March 31, 2016We want to remind you that the Gregory Golf Association will hold their annual meeting this week. It will take place tomorrow night at 7pm at the Clubhouse. Also, cleanup night will take place next Monday, April 4th at the Gregory Golf Course starting at 5pm.
- USD takes down Oregon in a big way! March 31, 2016VERMILLION, S.D. (AP) – The University of South Dakota women’s basketball team has made the finals of the Women’s National Invitation Tournament. The Coyotes beat Oregon 88-54 on Wednesday night in a semifinal matchup at the DakotaDome in Vermillion to advance to the championship game. USD will play either Michigan or Florida Gulf Coast at the DakotaDome ...
- USD to host Oregon in Womens WNIT Final Four action tonight! March 30, 2016The University of South Dakota women will host the Oregon Lady Ducks tonight in the semifinal round of the WNIT. Tipoff time at the Dakota Dome is 7pm central. USD defeated Western Kentucky on Sunday night, 68-54. Oregon defeated UTEP 71-67 on Monday night to advance. The winner will play the winner of the Michigan ...
- Burke Farmers Market planning meeting set for this evening March 30, 2016The Burke Area Farmers Market will hold its annual spring planning meeting and elections this evening starting at 5:30 at the old Community Room in Burke. If you are interested in buying, selling or participating please attend this meeting.