We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Kindergarten Roundup and screenings coming up April 19, 2016Kindergarten Roundup will be held at Springview Elementary this Thursday, April 21st from 8am-Noon. If you have questions you can call Ms. Snelly at 402-497-2621. Springview Elementary will also be offering developmental screenings for children birth-five years old this Thursday from 8am-Noon. To make an appointment for the screenings you can call Nila at 402-497-2621.
- Big Bend Shrine Circus at the Chamberlain Armory tonight and tomorrow!! April 18, 2016The Big Bend Shrine Circus is in Chamberlain and ready to entertain you this week! There will be shows tonight and on Tuesday, April 19th. They will have two big shows this evening and on Tuesday beginning at 4:30 and at 7:15. Tickets will be available at the door. Remember that sixth graders and younger will get in for ...
- Monday and Tuesday's schedules April 18, 2016Golf today White River at LNI in Pierre April 19th Golf Burke/South Central, Gregory, Kimball/White Lake and Platte-Geddes at Mt. Vernon/Plankinton Invite in Mitchell Track and Field Burke/South Central and Gregory at Jaguar Invite in Corsica Platte-Geddes at Tyndall for Nebraska/South Dakota Challenge Chamberlain at Big Dakota Conference Meet in Winner Lyman and White River at Kadoka Invite Club Baseball Chamberlain/Lyman at Winner/Colome at 5:30
- Kindergarten screenings to be held in Winner this week April 18, 2016We want to remind you that Winner Elementary School will be holding kindergarten screenings this week. Screenings will be held this Friday, April 22nd. The screenings are for any child that will be school age for next school year and 5 by September 1, 2016. If you would still like to schedule an appointment you can call the ...
- Local fishermen to compete in Bassmaster's Tournament this week! April 18, 2016We want to say good luck to our area bassmaster fishermen- Shane Stiehl, Troy Lantz and Mel Williams as they will be competing in the 2016 Academy Sports and Outdoors B. A.S.S. Nation Central Regional Fishing Tournament this week at Lake Guntersville in Guntersville, Alabama! The tournament will run April 20th through the 22nd. Derald ...
- Twins win their first game of the season! April 16, 2016MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – The Minnesota Twins became the last team in the major leagues to win this season, after Byung Ho Park drove in the go-ahead run with a double in the eighth inning for a 5-4 victory Friday night over the Los Angeles Angels. Both Minnesota and Atlanta stopped nine-game losing streaks Friday. The Braves ...
- Soup and Sandwich Benefit coming up in Gregory April 15, 2016There will be a soup and sandwich benefit on Sunday, April 24th from 11am-1pm at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium Community Room. The benefit is sponsored by the Gregory Rotary Club and the Gregory Lions Club. All proceeds will go toward the replacement of the digital projector at the Hipp Theatre.
- Norris School reminders April 15, 2016The Norris School will be hosting a kindergarten roundup on Thursday, April 28th from 9am-1pm at the school. To make an appointment call 462-6455. Also, the Norris Elementary School will be hosting a spring concert on Tuesday, May 3rd beginning at 1:30 at the Norris Gym.
- Friday's schedule April 15, 2016Golf Jones County, Lyman and White River at Wall Invite Track and Field Jones County, White River and Winner at Bennett County
- Vikings to open US Bank Stadium for the regular season against the Packers April 15, 2016MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – The Minnesota Vikings will play their first regular-season home game at US Bank Stadium against the rival Green Bay Packers. The NFL unveiled the 2016 schedule last night. It puts the Packers and Vikings in prime time on September 18th. AP-WF-04-15-16 0831GMT