We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Annual Tornado Drill set for April 27th April 14, 2016The annual South Dakota Tornado Drill will take place on Wednesday, April 27th. Whistles will begin sounding at 10am. Also, Susan Sanders from the National Weather Service will be having a storm spotter training session on Monday, April 25th starting at 7pm at the Fire Hall in Colome.
- Today's schedule April 14, 2016Golf Burke/South Central, Gregory and Platte/Geddes at Southeast Tournament in Yankton Valentine at Hershey Invite Track and Field Ainsworth at O’Neill Invite Club Baseball Mission at Winner/Colome
- Baseball game in Chamberlain for tonight has been postponed April 14, 2016Due to a track and field meet being rescheduled to this afternoon, the Gregory vs Chamberlain/Lyman Club Baseball game that was to take place in Chamberlain tonight has been postponed to a later date. Stay tuned to kwyr.com and be sure to checkout our sports schedule page when a makeup date is announced!
- Election Results from Tuesday April 13, 2016Yesterday was Election Day, and we have results from our local elections. In Winner in the mayor elections, it was Frank Finney receiving 339 votes and Roger Farley received 292 votes. Frank Finney is the new mayor of Winner. For Councilman in Ward 1, it was Dave Baker receiving 82 votes, Clint Woods received 65 ...
- Area Schools ready to celebrate prom this weekend! April 13, 2016Five schools in our area will be celebrating prom this weekend! Students at Colome Schools and at Jones County Schools in Murdo will be celebrating prom this Friday, April 15th. On Saturday, students at Todd County Schools in Mission, students at Rock County Schools and high schoolers in Ainsworth will be having prom. We hope ...
- All-Star Basketball Game to take place Friday in White River April 13, 2016The 10th annual boys and girls Great Plains Senior All-Star Basketball Games will be held on Friday, April 15th at the Barnhart Gym in White River! Girls game will begin at 6pm central. The halftime of the girls contest will feature the girls three point shootout. A dunk contest will be held after the girls ...
- Results from the Wagner Relays April 13, 2016Team results from the Wagner Relays on Tuesday: Boys: 1. Mount/Vernon Plankinton 161, 2. Corsica-Stickney 106, 3. Ethan/Parkston 93, 4. Andes Central/Dakota Christian 55, 5. Burke/South Central 44, 6. Bon Homme 43, 7. Platte-Geddes 41, 8. Avon 28, 9. Wagner 13, 10. Tripp-Delmont/Armour 5. Individual results: 100: 1. Chase Kortan, BH, 11.08; 2. Jesse Hastings, MVP, 11.33; ...
- Tuesday's Schedule April 12, 2016Track and Field Jones County and White River at Kadoka Burke/South Central, Platte/Geddes and Colome at Wagner Relays Kimball/White Lake at SBA Invite in Huron Winner at Quadrangular in Miller Golf Valentine at Ainsworth
- Golf and Baseball results from Monday April 12, 2016The Winner Area Girls Golf team were team champions at the Mobridge-Pollock Invitational on Monday! Ronae Klein finished second overall as she carded a 90. Liz Jankauskas came in third as she shot a 95. Sam Marts was sixth as she finished with a 112 while Addy Root carded a 114 for a seventh place ...
- Circus coming to Chamberlain next week! April 12, 2016The Big Bend Shrine Circus will be at the Chamberlain National Guard Armory next week! There will be shows on Monday, April 18th and on Tuesday, April 19th. They will have two big shows on both dates at 4:30 and 7:15. Tickets will be available at the door. Sixth graders and younger will get in ...