We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Scores from Tuesday July 8, 2020 In Junior Teener Regional Baseball from Tuesday, Winner was able to come from behind and erase a 7-0 deficit to avoid elimination and beat Wagner, 12-11. In game two last night, Winner was once again able to come from behind and beat Chamberlain, 10-8. In Wagner today at 4pm, West Central will battle Winner. If ...
- Governor Noem Signs Executive Order July 8, 2020 Governor Kristi Noem signed an executive order to adapt as South Dakota continues to get “Back to Normal” in the fight against COVID-19. Executive Order 2020-30 restates the COVID-19 emergency period to be from July 1 to December 30 for purposes of federal law related to coronavirus funding. However, several state agencies are working to get back ...
- Baseball from Monday July 7, 2020 We had plenty of baseball take place on Monday. In Junior Teener Regional play, West Central defeated Winner, 16-0. Chamberlain beat Wagner, 6-3 before West Central was victorious over Chamberlain, 5-0. At 4pm in Wagner today, Winner will play Wagner before Chamberlain will play the winner of that Winner-Wagner game at around 6pm. In Platte ...
- South Dakota Mud Racers July 7, 2020 The South Dakota Mud Racers is back for an afternoon of fun and mud. The Platte Area Chamber of Commerce is having their 3rd Annual Mud Racer event on July 25th. The races are located 1/4 mile south of Titan Machinery. Individiuals can bring their own cooler but will be charged a $10 cooler fee. For more ...
- Murdo Ranch and Rodeo Gumbo Ridge Bronc Ride July 6, 2020 The 11th Annual Murdo Ranch and Rodeo Gumbo Ridge Bronc Ride will take place Friday, July 17th and Saturday July 18th. Adult tickets are $10 while children 10 and under are free. On Friday Calcutta is at 7:30 p.m. followed by the Bronc Ride and then on Saturday Calcutta at 4:30 p.m. with the Ranch ...
- Busy baseball schedule for Monday July 6, 2020 Jr Teener Baseball- Region Tournaments Chamberlain at Wagner at 2pm Winner vs West Central in Wagner at 4pm Game 1 winner vs Game 2 winner at 6pm MVP vs Wessington Springs in Platte at 4 Kimball/White Lake at Platte/Geddes at 6:30 Avon vs Gregory in Corsica at 7:30 Tyndall at Corsica/Stickney at 5 Teener Baseball Winner at Stanley County Legion Baseball Platte at Winner/Colome
- Murdo Ranch Rodeo and Gumbo Ridge Bronc Ride July 5, 2020 The Murdo Ranch Rodeo and Gumbo Ridge Bronc Ride will take place July 17th and 18th at the Murdo Rodeo Arena. The Gumbo Ridge Bronc Ride will be Friday at 7:30 p.m. with the 11th annual Ranch Rodeo to take place on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
- Schedule for Saturday July 4, 2020 Golf 4 person scramble at the Medicine Creek Golf Course in Presho 2 man best ball at the Prairie Hills Golf Course in Mission 4 person tournament at the Bassett Country Club
- Several City Meetings in South Central South Dakota July 4, 2020 The Winner City Council will meet Monday, July 6th in the Winner City Council Chambers at 6:30 pm. The Gregory City Council will meet on Monday, July 6, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at Gregory City Hall. The Chamberlain City Commission will meet July 6, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at the Chamberlain Community Center.
- SDSU Extension to Reopen Regional Centers July 15 July 3, 2020 As of July 15, all SDSU Extension regional centers will reopen their doors to the public. When visiting, citizens should expect to follow all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and South Dakota State University guidelines regarding social distancing and other precautionary health practices. The Lemmon regional center will remain closed until further notice due ...