We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Huron Holiday Classic pairings December 21, 2022The Huron Holiday Basketball Classic will be held December 29th and 30th. Girls games will take place on the 29th while the boys games will happen on the 30th. Locally on the 29th, Lower Brule will play Faulkton at 12:30. Burke will play at 3:30 against Warner followed by the 5pm matchup between Lyman and ...
- Monday night scores December 20, 2022Boys Aberdeen Christian 64, Britton-Hecla 27 Castlewood 66, Elkton-Lake Benton 50 De Smet 68, Dell Rapids St. Mary 24 Gayville-Volin 56, Andes Central/Dakota Christian 43 Hanson 56, Kimball/White Lake 40 Howard 61, Freeman 43 Kadoka Area 59, Lead-Deadwood 44 Lennox 55, Canton 51 Parkston 42, Tripp-Delmont/Armour 40 Timber Lake 56, Herreid/Selby Area 46 West Central 61, Garretson 36 Girls Andes Central/Dakota Christian 62, Gayville-Volin 36 Arlington 81, Oldham-Ramona/Rutland 36 Brandon ...
- Illegally Dumped Snow Causes Safety Issues December 20, 2022The South Dakota Department of Transportation (SDDOT) reminds the public and commercial snow removal operators that it is illegal to place or dump excess snow on highway right-of-way, which includes driving surfaces, shoulders, and ditches. “The recent snowstorm across South Dakota this past week has deposited a large amount of snow in some areas,” said Craig Smith, Director ...
- Colome Cowboys to play in Sacred Hoops Classic December 20, 2022The Colome Cowboy Basketball team will take part in the Sacred Hoops Classic on December 30th in Aberdeen. Colome will square off against McIntosh at 4pm. Other local games for the Classic will see the St. Francis girls battle Ipswich at 10am, followed by the St. Francis boys against Ipswich at around 11:30.
- Monday’s Schedule December 19, 2022Boys Basketball Kimball White Lake vs Hanson at the Corn Palace Garretson at West Central Dell Rapids St. Mary at De Smet Boys and Girls Basketball Valentine at West Holt Canton at Lennox Girls Basketball Marshall at Harrisburg Wrestling West Central at Jefferson Triangular
- Gregory City Meeting Tomorrow Night December 19, 2022The City of Gregory will meet tomorrow night at 6:00 p.m. at Gregory City Hall. Please note this meeting is a day later than usual and the Gregory City Council typically meets on the first and third Monday of each month.
- Scores from Saturday December 18, 2022BOYS BASKETBALL Aberdeen Roncalli 49, Oakes, N.D. 47 Corsica/Stickney 50, Avon 31 Dell Rapids St. Mary 58, Colman-Egan 48 Ethan 64, Freeman Academy/Marion 44 Exira/Elk Horn-Kimballton, Iowa 61, Lennox 57 McCook Central/Montrose 73, Bon Homme 46 Scotland 64, Andes Central/Dakota Christian 48 Sioux Falls Christian 64, Sioux Falls O’Gorman 59 St. Thomas More 60, Scottsbluff, Neb. 49 Vermillion 54, Crofton, Neb. 24 Viborg-Hurley 60, Irene-Wakonda 34 Lakota ...
- Winner School Board Meeting Tomorrow Night December 18, 2022The Winner School Board will have their monthly meeting to tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. in High School Building Room #105. Please note that the Winner School Board typically meets on the second Monday of each month.
- Schedule for Saturday December 17, 2022Boys Basketball-LNI (Mountain time) Championship- White River vs. Rapid City Christian, 8 p.m., Summit Arena Todd County vs Pine Ridge, 3:30 p.m., Ice Arena Custer vs Red Cloud, 6:30 p.m., Ice Arena Lakota Tech vs. Lower Brule, 9:30 a.m., Summit Arena Cheyenne-Eagle Butte vs McLaughlin, 3:30 p.m. Barnett Arena Little Wound vs Wall, 9:30 a.m., Ice Arena St. Francis vs. Crow Creek, ...
- Scores from Friday December 17, 2022Boys Basketball- LNI Custer 49, Todd County 48 Red Cloud 66, Pine Ridge 55 White River 52, Lakota Tech 43 Rapid City Christian 73, Lower Brule 66 Little Wound 67, Cheyenne-Eagle Butte 37 Wall 83, McLaughlin 79 (3OT) Marty 69, St. Francis 46 Tiospa Zina 69, Crow Creek 56 Omaha Nation 62, Santee 54 Tiospaye Topa 73, Takini 44 Crazy Horse 60, Wakpala 42 Dupree 66, Oelrichs ...