We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
Click here to view KWYR’s AP policy.
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Or E-Mail The Sports Department By Clicking Here
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Benefit for Meagan Blare this Sunday April 28, 2023There will be a benefit for Meagan Blare on Sunday. The benefit will start at 12:00 p.m. at the Tripp County 4-H Center and will consist of a basked potato feed, silent and live auction. Donations can be dropped off at Chillie’s Liquor or Atlas Chiropractic.
- Schedule for Thursday April 27, 2023Softball Harrisburg at Lincoln SF Christian at Flandreau Girls Golf Washington, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Jefferson and Brandon Valley at Quadrangular at Bakker Crossing Lennox at West Central Winner Area at Chamberlain ***CANCELLED*** Track and Field Todd County, Winner, Colome and Gregory at Cecil Johnson Invite in Presho West Central, Dell Rapids and Lennox at Canton Meet Tea Area and SF Christian at Yankton Invite Ainsworth, North Central ...
- Chamberlain City Wide Clean Up Saturday April 27, 2023The City of Chamberlain, South Dakota will have a city wide clean up this Saturday, April 29th. It will take place at the Avenue of the Flag from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. With any questions one can call the City at 605-234-4401.
- Highlights from Tuesday April 26, 2023*HIGHLIGHTS FROM TUESDAY’S MILLER TRACK AND FIELD MEET * CHAMBERLAIN’S TOBI PETERSON WON THE GIRLS DISCUS * CHAMBERLAIN’S CANYON BURKARD WON THE BOYS DISCUS HIGHLIGHTS FROM TUESDAY’S GREAT PLAINS CONFERENCE MEET AT LAKE ANDES *BURKE’S KAILEE FRANK WON THE GIRLS MILE AND TWO MILE * COLOME’S JOSEPH LAPRATH WON THE BOYS TWO MILE *BURKE’S PIPER HANSON WON THE GIRLS 100 AND ...
- Winner Chicken Dinner Anniversary Drawing this Sunday April 26, 2023Winner Chicken Dinner is celebrating their one year anniversary in business with a drawing this Sunday. There will be five lucky individuals that will win a free 4 piece chicken dinner. Before the drawing on Sunday, one can visit Winner Chicken Dinner and write their name and phone number down and put into the entry ...
- Youth Fishing Derby coming up April 26, 2023The Tyler Hoffer Memorial Youth Fishing Derby will take place on Saturday, June 17th at the Reliance Dam. Registration will go from 9-9:45am. The fishing derby will take place from 10-1. There will be a free lunch at the park starting at 1 with prizes awarded at 1:30. For more information call Joyce at 682 ...
- Golf and Track highlights from Monday April 25, 2023*HIGHLIGHTS FROM MONDAY’S CLASS B GOLF CLASSIC IN MITCHELL *ON THE BOYS SIDE, GAVIN COLSON OF SULLY BUTTES WAS THE MEDALIST WITH A 72 * GREGORY’S ELI FOGEL WAS SECOND WITH A 76 *LYMAN’S COOPER LONG WAS THIRD WITH A 77 *DAWSON HOFFMAN OF PLATTE GEDDES WAS 8TH WITH A 79 *GREGORY WON THE BOYS TEAM TITLE WITH A 242 *ON ...
- Schedule for Tuesday April 25, 2023Softball Jefferson at Harrisburg Lincoln at Brandon Valley O’Gorman at Aberdeen Central Roosevelt at Washington Lennox at Beresford Club Baseball Roosevelt at Yankton Brandon Valley at O’Gorman Jefferson at Mitchell Girls Golf Washington, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Jefferson, Brandon Valley and Harrisburg at Pierre Invite Golf Garretson at Dell Rapids St. Mary Invite Track and Field Burke and Colome at Conference Meet in Lake Andes Chamberlain at Miller Garretson at Salem
- Valentine Main Street Project Update April 25, 2023Work continues for the IN VALENTINE project. Expect the traffic shift for north/south traffic at 4th & Main to be removed. The closure of 4th Street, at the intersection of HWY 83 & Main Street, west toward Cherry Street, will remain closed and HWY 83 traffic will travel the Cherry Street Detour. Main Street will remain open. Paulsen Construction ...
- Roadway Lighting Project Begins Today on U.S. Highway 18 in Todd County April 24, 2023Starting today, a project begins in Todd County from the intersection of U.S. Highway 18 and U.S. Highway 83 to the east approximately one mile to Cheyenne Road. Work on this project, which runs from Mission to the community of Antelope, consists of replacement of the existing roadway lighting system. During the project, traffic will be controlled ...