We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Murdo Ranch Rodeo coming up! July 7, 2016The Murdo Ranch Rodeo and Rough Stock Challenge is set for July 15th and the 16th at the Murdo Rodeo Arena! The Rough Stock Challenge will happen on the 15th starting at 6:30pm with the Calcutta. The annual rodeo will be held on the 16th starting at 4:30 with a Calcutta. A yearling gelding will ...
- A few reminders for next week July 7, 2016Keep in mind that a blood drive will be held in Geddes on Wednesday, July 13th at the Geddes Legion Hall from 2-6pm. Also next week, the Valentine City Council will meet on Thursday, the 14th at 7pm in the meeting room of the Valentine Public Library. The Feeding South Dakota Food Distribution Box will ...
- Thursday's Schedule July 7, 2016Junior Teener and Teener Baseball Chamberlain at Winner at 6pm Gregory at Mission at 6 Junior Teener Baseball Lyman at Colome at 6 Amateur Baseball Pierre at Kimball/White Lake Winner/Colome at Mitchell at 8 Miller at Chamberlain Gregory/South Central at Plankinton Softball- Day 2 of 14 and under Tournament in Gregory
- Baseball from Wednesday July 7, 2016In Junior Teener Baseball last night, Winner was victorious over Platte, 6-4. The Winner teeners were ahead of Platte 9-0 in the fourth inning before the game was called due to lightning. The Winner/Colome and Ainsworth Legion game was suspended in the fourth inning due to the weather. Winner/Colome was ahead 6-3.
- Co-Ed Softball tournament coming up in Bonesteel July 6, 2016A Co-Ed softball tournament will be held at the end of the month in Bonesteel! You can signup a team today by calling Luke at 520-730-0002. The annual tournament will take place on July 30th and the 31st. The entry fee per team is 100 dollars. The tournament is being sponsored by the Constitution Bar.
- Schedule for Wednesday July 6, 2016Softball- Day 1 of 14 and under Tournament in Gregory Junior Teener and Teener Baseball Winner at Platte at 6 Martin at Valentine at 6:30 Legion Baseball Winner/Colome at Ainsworth at 6- Doubleheader, two 5 inning games Mission at Gregory at 7
- Scores from Tuesday July 6, 2016Teener Baseball took place in Gregory last night. Gregory was able to defeat Ainsworth by a final score of 18-6. The Valentine Teeners grabbed a pair of wins last night against Mission. Valentine was victorious, 16-4 and 10-3. A junior teener doubleheader was held in Kennebec on Tuesday. Lyman County beat Chamberlain in game one, ...
- A few reminders for today July 6, 2016We wanted to send a few reminders your way for today. Story Time will be held this morning at the White River Women’s Club Library beginning at 10:30am. The Cherry County Historical Society will have their general meeting take place this afternoon at 2pm at the Museum in Valentine. Also, the Wood City Board will ...
- Valentine Rotary to hold a blood drive tomorrow July 6, 2016The Valentine Rotary Club is sponsoring a blood drive that will take place this Thursday, July 7th from 11:30am-5:00pm at the St. Nicholas Catholic Church Parish Hall in the heart city of Valentine. If you would like to make an appointment for the blood drive for tomorrow you can call Jeannie at 402-376-4715. Walk-ins will be ...
- Pony Hills Amateur League coming down to Kimball/White Lake and Four Corners July 5, 2016Four Corners and Kimball/White Lake continue to battle for the number one spot atop the Pony Hills Amateur Baseball League standings. Four Corners is unbeaten this season with a 10-0 record while Kimball/White Lake is 10-1. The two teams will play each other this Sunday, July 10th at Four Corners. Kimball/White Lake’s lone loss this ...