We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Couple of reminders in Gregory March 24, 2016Showing this weekend at the Hipp Theatre in Gregory will be the movie “Zootopia”. There will be shows this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 7pm. Also, the Gregory Golf Association’s annual meeting will be held on Friday, April 1st starting at 7pm at the Clubhouse.
- Tractor Safety Training scheduled for June 2nd and 3rd in Cherry County March 23, 2016There will be a tractor safety training class at the Cherry County Extension Fairgrounds on June 2nd and the 3rd. Classes are open to youth ages 14 or 15. Registration is required for the classes. To register or if you would like additional details you can call the Nebraska Extension Office in Valentine at 402-376-1850.
- White River to hold blood drive soon March 23, 2016There will be a blood drive in White River on Wednesday, March 30th at the White River Community Events Center from 8:30am-12:30pm. The drive is being sponsored by the White River High School’s FCCLA Chapter. To make an appointment call Tracy at 259-3137.
- Season Finale of Coaches Corner this weekend March 23, 2016Our season finale of Coaches Corner will take place this Saturday, March 26th starting at 9am on Country 1260. We will talk to Eldon Marshall, Adam Nelson and Brett Gardner recapping state boys basketball along with some of our area spring coaches too! We will also be streaming the program online.
- Twins split squad goes 2-0 Tuesday March 23, 2016CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) – Philadelphia Phillies right-hander Jerad Eickhoff threw four innings in a 7-5 loss to a Minnesota Twins’ split squad on Tuesday. Eickhoff entered spring training behind schedule after sustaining a small fracture in his right thumb last month during a bunting drill. He allowed three runs and four hits, struck out seven ...
- Blood Drive at the Winner Armory this week March 22, 2016There will be a blood drive that will take place at the Winner National Guard Armory this week. There will be a blood drive tomorrow from 12:30-6:30pm, and on Thursday from 8am-1pm. To make an appointment call 842-8125. The drive is being sponsored by Winner High School.
- Parent Teacher Conferences set for this week in Winner March 22, 2016The Winner School District would like to invite all parents/guardians of Winner students to attend parent teacher conferences today from 4-6:30pm, and on Thursday, March the 24th from 4-6:30 in the classrooms. If you are unable to attend, please contact the school to setup times for you to meet with your child’s teachers.
- WGPC All-Conference Team revealed March 22, 2016The Western Great Plains All-Conference Boys Basketball Team was released yesterday. Locally, making first team all-conference were Justice Morrison, Dru Espinoza and Nicholas Young all of White River. Making second team all-conference was Lyman’s Kalvin Peterson, along with Russell Leader Charge of White River. Gunner Piper and Lucas Iron Heart of White River were named to third ...
- Lady Jacks fall to Stanford by one March 22, 2016STANFORD, Calif. (AP) – Lili Thompson made a go-ahead three-point play with 8.2 seconds left and Erica McCall delivered a big block moments later, lifting No. 4 seed Stanford into its ninth straight Sweet 16 with a 66-65 comeback win against 12th-seeded South Dakota State on Monday night. McCall swatted Macy Miller’s shot in the key ...
- Scrubs Camp coming up April 8th in Winner March 21, 2016Winner Regional Healthcare will host a Scrubs Camp on April 8th. Area high school students have the opportunity to explore a variety of healthcare options. For more information call Sharon at 842-7150. Applications are due March 25th.