We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Thursday's Schedule July 14, 2016Amateur Baseball Chamberlain at Pierre Winner/Colome at Mt. Vernon at 8 Plankinton at Kimball/White Lake 4 Corners at Gregory/South Central Legion 4B Regional Tournament in Wagner 5:30- Winner/Colome vs Platte 7:30- Gregory vs Wagner
- Scores from Wednesday July 14, 2016The Region 4 postseason legion baseball tournament got underway in Wagner last night. In game one, Winner/Colome defeated Wagner by a final score of 10-4. In game two, Parkston defeated Gregory, 14-6. In Junior Teener Baseball last night, Gregory was crowned region champs after they took down Parkston, 20-14! Congratulations to Coach Jeff Determan and ...
- Checkout the Chamberlain Farmers Market! July 14, 2016The Chamberlain Farmers Market will reopen this Saturday, July 16th! The market is open each and every Saturday through October 1st. It will be open from 8am-noon at the Lutheran Church parking lot in Chamberlain. For more information you can contact Teal at 682-9377. The market is sponsored by the South Dakota Department of Agriculture.
- Winner FFA hosting a big run on July 30th July 14, 2016The Winner FFA will be hosting a run for a reason on July 30th! There will be a full and a half marathon, along with a 10k and 5k run. There will be five age divisions. To all students who would like to participate, if you can find a few local businesses to sponsor you ...
- Spirit Gems to hold a car wash next week in Winner! July 13, 2016The Spirit Gems will be having a car wash on Thursday, July 21st from 11am to 7pm at the Frosty Boy in Winner! You can stop by and get your car washed and also enjoy Frosty Boy ice cream! They will also be serving burgers from 11-1. All of the proceeds will go to the ...
- Annual Poker Run coming up in Winner July 13, 2016The Winner Volunteer Fire Department will be holding their fourth annual poker run on July 16th! Registration will happen from 11am-Noon and everyone will depart at 12:30. Food will be served from 5-6 at the Fire Department with prizes to be given away at the Pheasant Bar at 6:30. Bikes, cars and everyone are welcome!
- Salvation Army and Shopko teaming up! July 13, 2016The Salvation Army and Shopko are teaming up on “Tools for Schools” to collect essential supplies for donation to children in need of school supplies and to ensure local teachers and students have supplies they need for next school year. You can visit your local Shopko between now and August 12th to donate school supplies!
- Schedule for Wednesday July 13, 2016Legion 4B Regional Tournament begins in Wagner 5:30- Winner/Colome vs Wagner 7:30- Gregory vs Parkston Teener Baseball Gregory at Platte at 6
- Scores from Tuesday July 13, 2016Junior Teener Regional Baseball continued in Corsica last night. In game one, Gregory took down Mt. Vernon/Plankinton, 13-3 in five innings. In game two, Parkston defeated Platte/Geddes in five innings by a final score of 15-5. Parkston will play Gregory for the Regional Championship. In regular season teener baseball last night at Leahy Bowl, Winner ...
- A couple of reminders for tomorrow July 12, 2016Keep in mind that the Gregory County Historical Society will meet tomorrow night. The meeting will begin at 7pm in the Burke Civic Center. Also on Wednesday, the Feeding South Dakota Food Box Distribution will be held at the Trinity Episcopal Church in Winner. Pick up time will be from 11am-12noon tomorrow.