We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Sandhills Marathon October 14, 2020The Sandhills Marathon will take place this Saturday, October 17th from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 1 Brownlee Road in Valentine, Nebraska. Participants will run on the iconic one-lane, blacktop Brownlee Road through the Nebraska Sandhills. The Sandhills Marathon is a challenging race for the runner who wants to get away from crowds.
- Schedule for Tuesday October 13, 2020Girls Golf Day 2 of Nebraska State Tournament in North Platte Volleyball Winner at Chamberlain AC/DC at Burke Colome at Gregory Platte/Geddes at Miller Lyman at Jones County White River at Kadoka Ainsworth at Broken Bow Triangular Huron at Harrisburg Brandon Valley at Brookings Aberdeen Central at SF Roosevelt Tri-Valley at SF Christian Garretson at McCook Central/Montrose Chester Area at West Central Dell Rapids at Deubrook Area Beresford at Tea Area Sioux Falls ...
- Volleyball from Monday October 13, 2020PREP VOLLEYBALL Alcester-Hudson def. Canton Bon Homme def. Gayville-Volin, 25-19, 25-19, 25-21 Bridgewater-Emery def. Hanson, 25-16, 25-15, 25-21 Colman-Egan def. Oldham-Ramona/Rutland, 25-23, 25-12, 25-15 Groton Area def. Waubay/Summit, 25-22, 25-19, 11-25, 25-23 Ipswich def. Mobridge-Pollock, 25-22, 27-25, 25-15 Kimball/White Lake def. Miller, 25-15, 25-16, 25-16 Mt. Vernon/Plankinton def. Wagner, 0-0 Platte-Geddes def. Centerville, 25-19, 25-13, 25-8 Potter County def. Stanley County, 25-16, 25-10, 25-8 Rapid City ...
- Special Meeting in Platte, S.D. (via Zoom) Tomorrow Night Regarding Cares Act Funding October 13, 2020SD Legislature held a special session to act on the $597 million in unobligated federal CARES Act funds. Rocky Blare will be joining the Platte Community on Wednesday to help answer questions about the act. This will be an opportunity for one to learn what they’ll be eligible to apply for. If you are unable to ...
- Gregory Mid-Winter Fair October 12, 2020The Gregory Mid-Winter Fair will take place Saturday, November 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium. Get your Christmas shopping done at this fun event filled with a huge variety of vendors. To be a vendor, contact Karli email@example.com or Taylor at 605-830-9778.
- Schedule for Monday October 12, 2020Volleyball Miller at Kimball/White Lake Platte/Geddes at Centerville Girls Golf Day 1 of Nebraska State Tournament in North Platte
- Volleyball from Saturday October 11, 2020PREP VOLLEYBALL Burke def. Tripp-Delmont/Armour, 7-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-10 Centerville def. Iroquois, 25-18, 25-16, 25-15 Hamlin def. Estelline/Hendricks, 25-23, 25-20, 25-15 Hill City def. Sturgis Brown, 25-14, 25-15, 25-13 Kadoka Area def. Faith, 25-21, 25-21, 25-22 Linton-HMB, N.D. def. Faulkton, 25-19, 25-19, 25-20 Madison def. Ethan, 25-12, 25-9, 25-16 Milbank def. Britton-Hecla, 25-19, 25-18, 25-19 New Underwood def. Jones County, 25-14, 22-25, 25-19, 25-14 Pierre ...
- Governor Noem Announces Small Business and Healthcare Provider Relief Program October 11, 2020Governor Kristi Noem announced the launch of the Small Business and Healthcare Provider Relief Program, which will utilize up to $580 million in Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) dollars to assist small businesses, community-based healthcare providers, and non-profits negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. “Together, South Dakota is rebounding from COVID-19, but some businesses and organizations took ...
- Schedule for Saturday October 10, 2020October 10th Volleyball Jones County at New Underwood Winner at Chester at 6 Cross Country White River and Jones County at Philip Meet
- Football scores from Friday October 10, 2020PREP FOOTBALL Aberdeen Central 35, Rapid City Stevens 0 Alcester-Hudson 48, Elkton-Lake Benton 36 Baltic 34, Parker 28 Belle Fourche 31, Spearfish 6 Bridgewater-Emery 41, Garretson 9 Brookings 21, Pierre 14 Canistota 48, Bon Homme 8 Canton 34, Tri-Valley 14 Castlewood 55, Great Plains Lutheran 0 Chester 53, Britton-Hecla 6 Clark/Willow Lake 50, Dakota Hills 8 Custer 42, Lead-Deadwood 0 Dakota Valley 38, Lennox 21 Elk Point-Jefferson 48, McCook ...