We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Kindergarten screenings to be held in Winner this week April 18, 2016We want to remind you that Winner Elementary School will be holding kindergarten screenings this week. Screenings will be held this Friday, April 22nd. The screenings are for any child that will be school age for next school year and 5 by September 1, 2016. If you would still like to schedule an appointment you can call the ...
- Local fishermen to compete in Bassmaster's Tournament this week! April 18, 2016We want to say good luck to our area bassmaster fishermen- Shane Stiehl, Troy Lantz and Mel Williams as they will be competing in the 2016 Academy Sports and Outdoors B. A.S.S. Nation Central Regional Fishing Tournament this week at Lake Guntersville in Guntersville, Alabama! The tournament will run April 20th through the 22nd. Derald ...
- Twins win their first game of the season! April 16, 2016MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – The Minnesota Twins became the last team in the major leagues to win this season, after Byung Ho Park drove in the go-ahead run with a double in the eighth inning for a 5-4 victory Friday night over the Los Angeles Angels. Both Minnesota and Atlanta stopped nine-game losing streaks Friday. The Braves ...
- Soup and Sandwich Benefit coming up in Gregory April 15, 2016There will be a soup and sandwich benefit on Sunday, April 24th from 11am-1pm at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium Community Room. The benefit is sponsored by the Gregory Rotary Club and the Gregory Lions Club. All proceeds will go toward the replacement of the digital projector at the Hipp Theatre.
- Norris School reminders April 15, 2016The Norris School will be hosting a kindergarten roundup on Thursday, April 28th from 9am-1pm at the school. To make an appointment call 462-6455. Also, the Norris Elementary School will be hosting a spring concert on Tuesday, May 3rd beginning at 1:30 at the Norris Gym.
- Friday's schedule April 15, 2016Golf Jones County, Lyman and White River at Wall Invite Track and Field Jones County, White River and Winner at Bennett County
- Vikings to open US Bank Stadium for the regular season against the Packers April 15, 2016MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – The Minnesota Vikings will play their first regular-season home game at US Bank Stadium against the rival Green Bay Packers. The NFL unveiled the 2016 schedule last night. It puts the Packers and Vikings in prime time on September 18th. AP-WF-04-15-16 0831GMT
- Busy weekend ahead for our area sports teams! April 14, 2016We encourage you to get out and enjoy some area spring sports action this weekend! On Saturday, the Chamberlain/Lyman Club Baseball team will head out west to play Lead/Deadwood at 2pm central. In Track and Field for Saturday, the Corn Palace Relays will take place in Mitchell featuring most of our South Dakota area teams. ...
- Hunt Safe Course to be held this weekend April 14, 2016A hunt safe course will be held April 15th and 16th at the Game, Fish and Parks Regional Office in Chamberlain. The course on Friday will be from 6-9pm, and on Saturday from 8am-5pm. For more information or to register contact the Regional Office at 605-734-4530 or call 605-734-4577.
- Annual Tornado Drill set for April 27th April 14, 2016The annual South Dakota Tornado Drill will take place on Wednesday, April 27th. Whistles will begin sounding at 10am. Also, Susan Sanders from the National Weather Service will be having a storm spotter training session on Monday, April 25th starting at 7pm at the Fire Hall in Colome.