We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Saturday's Schedule May 7, 2016Golf Jones County at Lyman Track and Field Burke/South Central, Gregory, Lyman, Chamberlain, Winner, White River, Platte-Geddes, Kimball/White Lake and Colome at Howard Wood Dakota Relays in Sioux Falls Club Baseball Chamberlain at Winner/Colome
- Results from Friday May 7, 2016The Howard Wood Relays got underway yesterday in Sioux Falls. Locally on the boys side, Platte-Geddes won the 4 x 800 meter relay! Elsewhere, Lyman’s Korder Cropsey finished with the fourth best time in the 400 meter dash. On the girls side, Burke/South Central’s Allison Sebern has qualified for Saturday’s 400 meter dash after she ...
- Friday's schedule May 6, 2016Golf Jones County and Winner at Stanley County Boys- Burke/South Central, Gregory, Kimball/White Lake and Platte-Geddes in Tyndall Girls- Burke/South Central, Gregory, Kimball/White Lake and Platte-Geddes at Scotland Valentine and Ainsworth at Conference Invite in Minden Track and Field Burke/South Central, Gregory, Lyman, Chamberlain, Winner, White River, Platte-Geddes, Kimball/White Lake and Colome at Howard Wood Dakota Relays in Sioux Falls Ainsworth at Valentine Invite
- Get registered for the Colome Pink Ladies Dart League! May 6, 2016The Colome Pink Ladies Dart League is gearing up for another summer! The group gets together and throw darts and hosts fundraisers to raise money, which they give to local community members who are fighting cancer. If you are interested in joining the league you can call Chrissy at 840-0343 or Collene at 840-1636. The ...
- A couple of reminders for today May 6, 2016Keep in mind that a blood drive will run from 8am-noon today at the Springview Methodist Church Fellowship Hall. Also today, Lyman Kindergarten and Pre-School screenings will once again take place. Screenings will be held at the Kennebec Gym from 8:15am-noon, and also from 1-3. For more information you can call Marsha at 895-2662.
- Gregory County reminders for next week May 6, 2016We want to remind you that the Burke City Council will meet on Monday, May 9th at 7pm in the Municipal Building Meeting Room. Also, the Gregory Elementary School will hold their graduation ceremony next Tuesday, May 10th starting at 1pm in the Gregory Auditorium! Next Tuesday, the Gregory 8th grade Graduation Ceremony will begin ...
- Howard Wood Relays get underway tomorrow! May 5, 2016The Howard Wood Relays will get underway tomorrow in Sioux Falls! This year will mark the 91st running of the big two day event. Most of our area track and field teams will be represented at Howard Wood. There will be over 3,000 middle school, high school and college athletes in action this weekend. The ...
- Baseball scores from Wednesday May 5, 2016In Club Baseball last night, the Winner/Colome Royals were victorious over Platte/Geddes by a final score of 9-0. Reed Harter threw six innings on the mound as he gave up just one hit. Elsewhere, Lead/Deadwood got past Gregory/South Central, 5-4. Lead/Deadwood also beat Chamberlain/Lyman, 12-0. In Major League Baseball Wednesday, the Astros routed the Twins, ...
- Basketball Camp coming up in Winner this month May 5, 2016Winner will be holding a boys and girls basketball camp May 23rd through the 25th for first through sixth grade students. Boys and girls in grades 4-6 will have camp from 9-11:30am each of the three days while boys and girls in grades 1-3 will go from 1-2pm. There will also be a camp next month for ...
- Slave and Pie auction coming up in Winner May 5, 2016The Winner Baseball Association wants to remind everyone about the slave and pie auction they will hold on Thursday, May 19th at the Winner American Legion. Hot dogs, beans and chips will be served for a free will offering at 5:30 followed by the auction starting at approximately 6:30pm.