We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Governor Noem Announces Small Business and Healthcare Provider Relief Program October 11, 2020Governor Kristi Noem announced the launch of the Small Business and Healthcare Provider Relief Program, which will utilize up to $580 million in Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) dollars to assist small businesses, community-based healthcare providers, and non-profits negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. “Together, South Dakota is rebounding from COVID-19, but some businesses and organizations took ...
- Schedule for Saturday October 10, 2020October 10th Volleyball Jones County at New Underwood Winner at Chester at 6 Cross Country White River and Jones County at Philip Meet
- Football scores from Friday October 10, 2020PREP FOOTBALL Aberdeen Central 35, Rapid City Stevens 0 Alcester-Hudson 48, Elkton-Lake Benton 36 Baltic 34, Parker 28 Belle Fourche 31, Spearfish 6 Bridgewater-Emery 41, Garretson 9 Brookings 21, Pierre 14 Canistota 48, Bon Homme 8 Canton 34, Tri-Valley 14 Castlewood 55, Great Plains Lutheran 0 Chester 53, Britton-Hecla 6 Clark/Willow Lake 50, Dakota Hills 8 Custer 42, Lead-Deadwood 0 Dakota Valley 38, Lennox 21 Elk Point-Jefferson 48, McCook ...
- South Dakota Proclaims October as “Careers in Construction” Month October 10, 2020The Associated General Contractors of South Dakota (AGC), along with Governor Kristi Noem via an Executive Proclamation, is proud to proclaim October 2020 as “Careers in Construction Month” across South Dakota. The key aspect of the AGC’s on-going workforce development goal is to show students career opportunities available in construction which is an essential industry. With ...
- Football for Friday night October 9, 2020Football Miller/Highmore-Harrold at Winner on Country 1260 Colome at Wolsey-Wessington Gregory at Platte/Geddes on Magic 93 Chamberlain at Woonsocket/Wessington Springs/Sanborn Central in Wessington Springs Burke at Kimball/White Lake Lyman at New Underwood Wall at Jones County/White River Bridgeport at Valentine Ainsworth at North Central
- Volleyball from Thursday October 9, 2020PREP VOLLEYBALL Aberdeen Roncalli def. Clark/Willow Lake, 25-23, 25-15, 25-14 Alcester-Hudson def. Beresford, 25-7, 25-13, 25-13 Arlington def. Lake Preston, 25-9, 25-6, 25-12 Bridgewater-Emery def. Avon, 25-17, 25-23, 18-25, 29-27 Brookings def. Yankton, 25-16, 24-26, 25-18, 16-25, 15-12 Colome def. Stanley County, 25-19, 25-22, 25-13 Corsica/Stickney def. Burke, 25-17, 24-26, 25-18, 25-20 Edgemont def. Sioux County, Neb., 21-25, 27-25, 25-19, 18-25, 15-10 Elkton-Lake Benton ...
- White Cane Day in South Dakota October 9, 2020Governor Kristi Noem has proclaimed October 15, White Cane Day in South Dakota. The white cane with the red band around the bottom is used to identify a person who is blind or visually impaired in all fifty states and most countries around the world. South Dakota Department of Human Services Secretary Shawnie Rechtenbaugh said, “The goal ...
- Schedule for Thursday October 8, 2020Cross Country Winner Area at Parkston Invite Ainsworth and Valentine at Southwest Conference Meet in Gothenburg Volleyball Corsica/Stickney at Burke Colome at Stanley County Gregory at Platte/Geddes Parkston at Kimball/White Lake Jones County at Dupree Winner at White River Valentine at Gordon-Rushville
- Live Fizz and Ring Bomb Party at the Elks October 8, 2020There will be Live Fizz and Ring Bomb Party At The Elks Club in Winner, S.D. on Thursday, October 15th. The event will begin at 7:00 p.m. The evening will consist of food, drinks, and plenty of chances to win prize drawings. For more information visit the Elk’s Club Facebook Page.
- Gregory Trunk or Treat October 7, 2020A fun Trunk or Treat Event will take place in Gregory, South Fakota on Tuesday, October 27th in Downtown Gregory from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Like last year, this will again take place on the 5th and 6th block of Main Street. Residents are encouraged to back into the parking spots so children are ...