We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Governor Noem Announces Robling as Interim Secretary of Game, Fish and Parks November 17, 2020Today, Governor Kristi Noem announced that Kevin Robling will serve as Interim Secretary of the South Dakota Department of Game, Fish and Parks. “I am excited to announce that Kevin will serve the state in this capacity,” said Governor Noem. “Kevin has a great understanding of our natural resource and conservation priorities, and I look forward ...
- SDSU Extension Beef SD Team Awarded $600,000 Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program Grant November 16, 2020The United States Department of Agriculture’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) announced grant investments of more than $53 million across three unique programs for U.S. farmers, ranchers and military veterans to support American agriculture. “Agriculture offers promising career opportunities, particularly in farming and ranching,” said Parag Chitnis, acting NIFA director. “Federal investments in programs ...
- Huskers to host Illinois on Saturday November 16, 2020Nebraska Cornhusker Football will come your way this Saturday, November 21st on Country 1260. Nebraska will be back at home when they play the Illinois Fighting Illini. Kickoff is at 11am. Our coverage on 1260 will get underway at 10:15AM with the Scott Frost Pregame Show.
- City Meetings Tomorrow November 15, 2020The Cities of Winner, Chamberlain, and Burke will all have the meetings on Monday. The Gregory City Council will meet on Monday, November 16, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at the Gregory Fire Hall. The Chamberlain City Commission will meet Monday, November 16th at 6:00 p.m. at the Chamberlain City Offices at 715 N. Main St. The City of Winner ...
- Football from Friday- Winner victorious in 11B Championship! November 14, 2020PREP FOOTBALL Class 11AA State Championship Pierre 38, Brookings 6 Class 11B State Championship Winner 18, Bridgewater-Emery 14
- Lyman County Youth Wins Breeding Heifer November 14, 2020During the 2020 Western Junior Livestock Show, Keeleigh Elwood became the recipient of a show heifer through South Dakota Farmers Union’s Build Your Own Herd contest. “Raising and showing livestock through 4-H, develops youth who are responsible and are comfortable leading. Through this contest, Farmers Union is able to support tomorrow’s agriculture leaders,” says Doug Sombke, ...
- Dome Schedule for Friday- Coverage on Magic 93 this afternoon November 13, 2020State High School Football Championships at the Dakota Dome 2pm- Class 11B Championship- Winner vs Bridgwater-Emery/Ethan on Magic 93 7pm- Class 11AA Championship- Brookings vs Pierre
- Dome scores from Thursday November 13, 2020Class 9AA State Championship= Platte-Geddes 42, Hamlin 12 Class 9A State Championship= Canistota 12, Warner 0 Class 9B State Championship= Wolsey-Wessington 32, Dell Rapids St. Mary 14
- Governor Noem Announces Secretary Hepler to Retire November 13, 2020Governor Kristi Noem announced that Kelly Hepler, Secretary of the South Dakota Department of Game, Fish and Parks (GFP), will retire, effective December 15, 2020. “Kelly is an accomplished leader and has been a fierce advocate in the fish and wildlife resource management field for over 40 years,” said Governor Noem. “He has been a dedicated public ...
- Dome schedule for Thursday November 12, 2020State High School Football Championships at the Dakota Dome 11am- Class 9AA Championship- Platte/Geddes vs Hamlin 3pm- Class 9B Championship-Dell Rapids St. Mary vs Wolsey-Wessington 7pm- Class 9A Championship- Warner vs Canistota/Freeman