We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Governor Noem Announces New Executive Director of South Dakota Housing Development Authority November 26, 2020Governor Kristi Noem announced yesterday that Lorraine Polak will be appointed Executive Director of the South Dakota Housing Development Authority (SDHDA), effective January 8, 2021. Polak will replace Mark Lauseng, who is retiring. “Lorraine has a great understanding of SDHDA’s programs and all the opportunities that they present,” said Governor Noem. “She will be a dedicated leader ...
- College Basketball at the Pentagon today and tonight November 25, 2020Men’s College Basketball will be happening throughout the day today as it is day one of the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic taking place through November 30th at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls. Today at 1pm, Memphis will battle Saint Mary’s. At 3:30, it will be Northern Iowa vs Western Kentucky. At 6pm, South ...
- Akta Lakota Museum and Cultural Center Open House November 25, 2020The Akta Lakota Museum and Cultural Center will host a Shop Small Saturday Open House on Saturday, November 28th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the Campus of St. Joseph’s Indian School. Coffee, Apple Cider, and Cookies will be provided from Angelas’s Bakery.
- Dart Tournament set to happen Friday at Karla’s Last Kall November 24, 2020Karla’s Last Kall in Wood will be holding their annual Day After Thanksgiving Dart Tournament this Friday, November 27th. The format will be trips and the cost per team to play is thirty dollars. Signups will start at 6pm and end at 6:30pm while start time for the tournament is 7pm.
- Christmas at the Capitol Grand Lighting Ceremony Tonight November 24, 2020The 2020 Grand Lighting Ceremony for Christmas at the South Dakota Capitol will take place in the Capitol Rotunda on tonight at 7 p.m. CST. The public is invited to join Gov. Kristi Noem, First Gentleman Bryon Noem, and Pierre Mayor Steve Harding as they welcome guests and light the Capitol trees. The Capitol Christmas display includes ...
- 10th Annual Sharp Shooter Classic in Winner, S.D. November 23, 2020The Winner Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 10th annual Sharp Shooter Classic on Friday December 11th and Friday December 12th. The competition hunt is limited to 20 teams; 6 team members will be allowed per team. To sign your team up or with questions call the chamber at 842-1533.
- Husker Football to kickoff at noon on Friday November 23, 2020After you fill up on turkey on Thursday, tune in to Country 1260 on Black Friday for coverage of Nebraska Cornhusker Football! Nebraska will play at the Iowa Hawkeyes. Kickoff time is at Noon Central. Our coverage will start at 11:15 with the Scott Frost Pregame Show.
- State Volleyball scores from Saturday November 22, 2020PREP VOLLEYBALL Class A Championship= Sioux Falls Christian def. Dakota Valley, 25-18, 25-12, 25-12 Fifth Place= Madison def. Rapid City Christian, 25-23, 25-21, 25-13 Seventh Place= Winner def. Hill City, 20-25, 26-24, 22-25, 25-12, 15-10 Third Place= Parker def. Hamlin, 25-16, 25-17, 25-23 Class AA Championship= Sioux Falls O’Gorman def. Huron, 25-15, 25-17, 20-25, 25-18 Fifth Place= Watertown def. Aberdeen Central, 25-22, 25-23, 25-17 Seventh Place= Brandon Valley def. Harrisburg, 20-25, ...
- Representative Dusty Johnson to Visit Chamberlain on Monday November 22, 2020U.S. Representative Dusty Johnson (R-S.D.) will visit the Sanford Chamberlain hospital and St. Joseph’s Indian School to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on Monday. He will be at the hospital from 10:00AM – 11:00AM CT and the School from 11:15AM – 12:30PM CT.
- Volleyball schedule for Saturday November 21, 2020State A Tournament in Watertown 7th place game at Noon- Hill City vs Winner Consolation Championship at 2- Madison vs Rapid City Christian 3rd place game at 5- Hamlin vs Parker Championship Game at 7- SF Christian vs Dakota Valley State B Tournament in Huron 7th place game at Noon- Corsica/Stickney vs Hitchcock-Tulare Consolation Championship at 2- Bridgewater-Emery vs Faulkton Area 3rd place ...