We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports!
We Love Sports Just As Much As You Do…
Here at KWYR, we pride ourselves in keeping you up to date with the latest in local sports coverage. We work hard to make sure that we have the scores, results, and summaries of the games that you want to know more about.
Powered by www.gojacks.com
If you ever have a sports announcement, a cancellation, a postponement, scores, results, or any other piece of information that you believe other sports fans should know about, contact us.
PO Box 491
Winner, SD 57580
Fax: (605) 842-3875
Phone: (605) 842-3333
Thank you for helping us cover baseball, football, basketball, wrestling, track, volleyball, golf, softball, hockey, rodeo results, and all other types of sports.
During the school sports season, listen to us as we bring you live play-by-play of your favorite teams on both our stations. Be sure to check out the Sports Schedule to find out when your team plays.
Remember that we are the South Dakota flagship station for Nebraska Cornhusker Football. Hear every game during the Huskers season on Country 1260.
We Are Your Hometown Leader For Sports.
- Basketball scores from Friday December 12, 2020BOYS BASKETBALL Aberdeen Central 56, Brookings 37 Aberdeen Roncalli 63, Deuel 54 Alcester-Hudson 53, Gayville-Volin 36 Baltic 48, Beresford 42 Belle Fourche 60, Hill City 38 Brandon Valley 58, Rapid City Stevens 57 Burke 66, Scotland 47 Canistota 83, Centerville 39 Custer 74, Upton, Wyo. 68 Dakota Valley 66, Tea Area 55 DeSmet 63, Deubrook 24 Dell Rapids 62, West Central 42 Douglas 78, Sturgis Brown 38 Flandreau 75, ...
- Governor Noem Files Brief at U.S. Supreme Court in Important Election Integrity Case December 12, 2020This week, Governor Kristi Noem submitted an amicus brief to the Supreme Court of the United States in support of the petitioners in the case of Brnovich v. Democratic National Committee and in defense of fair, neutrally-applicable election laws that work to prevent voter fraud. This brief could not be timelier in light of the ongoing national ...
- Schedule for Friday December 11, 2020Wrestling Chamberlain at Rapid City Invite Ainsworth at Twin Loup Invite Boys and Girls Basketball Winner at Wagner Gregory at MVP in Plankinton Stanley County at Lyman Ainsworth at West Holt Boys Basketball Scotland at Burke White River at Jones County Girls Basketball Burke at KWL in Kimball
- Scores from Thursday December 11, 2020BOYS BASKETBALL Bridgewater-Emery 59, Colome 26 Canton 73, Elk Point-Jefferson 65 Wessington Springs 51, Faulkton 48 GIRLS BASKETBALL Canton 45, Elk Point-Jefferson 39 Flandreau 80, Chester 43
- Governor Noem Signs Executive Order December 11, 2020Governor Kristi Noem has signed an executive order to give flexibility as South Dakota continues to fight the spread of COVID-19. Executive Order 2020-33 makes various statutory and regulatory suspensions affecting businesses and schools in the state. These suspensions will continue through the duration of the COVID-19 state of emergency. The suspensions include: Suspending in-person requirements to allow ...
- Schedule for Thursday December 10, 2020Boys Basketball Colome vs Bridgewater-Emery in Dakota Christian Wrestling Burke/Gregory and Winner Area at Wagner Miller, Stanley County and Sully Buttes at Lyman Quad Valentine at Gordon-Rushville Tri
- Final City Meetings for 20202 December 10, 2020The City of Winner will meet at 6:30 pm in the council chambers on Monday, December 21st. The City of Gregory will have their next city council meeting at 6:00 pm at the Gregory fire hall at 620 church Ave. on Monday December 21st. The Chamberlain City Commissioners will have their next meeting Monday, December 21st at ...
- Basketball scores from Tuesday December 9, 2020GIRLS BASKETBALL Canistota 38, Centerville 36 Chamberlain 47, Stanley County 20 Dakota Valley 61, Lennox 38 Hanson 57, Gregory 52 Ipswich 52, Sully Buttes 47 Lakota Tech 48, Kimball/White Lake 40 McCook Central/Montrose 57, Mt. Vernon/Plankinton 44 West Central 88, Huron 81, OT Wolsey-Wessington 45, Wessington Springs 30
- South Dakota Soil Health Coalition Releases New Children’s Book December 9, 2020Just in time for the holidays, the South Dakota Soil Health Coalition (SDSHC) has released the perfect stocking stuffer for kids – a fun, educational and agriculturally accurate children’s book titled, “The Soil Quilt.” Geared for third graders, “The Soil Quilt” uses the metaphor of a patchwork quilt that layers the planet to explain how a ...
- Schedule for Tuesday December 8, 2020Boys and Girls Basketball Mullen at Valentine Girls Basketball Stanley County at Chamberlain Gregory at Hanson Lakota Tech at KWL in White Lake Cody-Kilgore at Ainsworth Huron at West Central Lennox at Dakota Valley Wrestling Ainsworth at Keya Paha County Quadrangular O’ Gorman and Tea Area at Roosevelt Tri